What amp for Diamond Audio M6

Username: Diamond4life

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsing US

Post Number: 4
Im selling my MTX801D and getting something with a little more juice, my M6 is rated a 800w RMS, 1 or 4 ohm configurations. Anything over a thousand watts would be suitable.

Username: Diamond4life

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsing US

Post Number: 5
come on guys

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 359
just search for a 1000x1 amp at 4 ohms...do you want us to just sit the amp in your lap...

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 632
you can add more power to the sub but its only going to make minor improvement going from 800 rms to 1000 rms the 801 amps are decent little amps id change the box before id buy a new amp that will change the peformance more to your liking in my opinion

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 229
Yeah, the MTX801d does 400W @ 4ohm and 800w at 2ohm so I can see the need for a little more power. The RMS on the M6 MkII is 800w rms.

Look at the MTX 1501D Rated at 750W rms @ 4ohm. Will have a lower draw on the alternator and is under-rated. Will put out about 75-100w more than rated power. It's true about going from 800w to 1000, you will not notice much difference. What is the math, double your power gains 3 db?(I think) So 800 to 1000w give you half a decible. Big whoop.

Also look at the Memphis 16 or PRD series 1000. Puts out 1000w @ 1ohm.

Might want to check into Diamond's Amps. Be nice to match up the amp and the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
it is double the power equates to 3 db but if the sub cant give more suspension wise then you arent going to get any more out of it plus i just looked up that sub thinking i made a wrong assumption on ohms or power rating and if you have dual 4 ohms your getting all the power you need to your sub from your amp and again its cheaper to build a new box than it is to buy a new amp if your looking for a change in performance

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
opps my bad i missed the important part both times the ohm load listed and yes the 1501 d would be good i have the 81000d which is the older series of that amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us