Quick What is the best performing Cheapest amp?

Username: Wrestlertreece

Post Number: 9
What is the best performing, hardest hitting, cheapest amp that i can get?

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 179
Well, amps don't hit hard...subs do. You can't suggest an amp unless we know what subs you're gonna use, and what your budget is. Hit us up w/ a little more info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
OK i'm just lookin for a cheap system..i need to know what is the bust amp for the price... plus what kinda subs ya'll would suggest..thx dont you hate newbies?

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 18
how much do u want 2 spend then we can tell u

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i'm wanting to spend probably at most 400 dollas on the amp thx

Bronze Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 19
Jeez, that isn't that cheap :P
The mtx thunder series are quite good, check off ebay, u usually ind so nice one's for sale

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
is there any sites that i might be able to take a look at them and what watt would u recomend thx

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 136
heres a nice system fro you 2 12 inch kicker comp vr's at $74 a peice on ebay and a jbl bp600.1 for $175, that leaves you with a lil under 80 bucks for a box and wiring kit

Anonymous

Joseph...he said $400 on the amp, not everything yo.

Jacob...you've got like 50 different posts asking the same questions....pick some subs....THEN pick the amp to power them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
anonymous guy..i'd rather have my amp first so i know that i got the power to push my subs..and to know how good of subs i need..

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 125
for 400 probably the best amp with them most power would be a mtx 1500d. alot of power and get what they are rated for. could get awsome subs with this much power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
thx blare i'll look into that

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
I'd have to go with Anon....pick out the subs you want first. That's where the sound is going to come from. Then you pick the right amp to power them. If you buy your amp first...then you're limited to what you can get for subs...

For instance. The MTX 1501D puts out 1500W at 2ohms....it's great so you buy it. Now, you find these subs that are just killer and you want 2 of them. But, they are 4ohm dual voice coil and 800w rms. They can only be wired at 1ohm or 4ohm.
Now your screwed because the MTX 1501D doesn't go up to 1ohm and only puts out 750w RMS at 4ohm. (not enough to power your subs) Now you've either got to find another sub or return your amp.

I would always pick my sub first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok, i'll take your advise but i cant get to big of subs to fit into my 1969 el camino now can i?

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
I think this is the first time you've ever mentioned what vehicle you'll be using.

Regardless....get the best sub within your size restraints and then pick the best amp to power it.

Adire Koda 10" subs are are good sq/spl subs for trucks w/ limited space.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ok thx...Mazda i see u postin stuff everywhere where do u get the time man?

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
It's called internet access at work! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
lol.. U must spend lot of time doin it.. i mean i get on it during 2 classes during school...but no way i know as much as you do bout this crap.. heck i dont even really know what a ohm is..but thats why i'm tryin to learn somethin before i go and hook up a $$$$ system

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 141
a 69 EL CAMINO It must really suck to have to drive a half car half truck. Tell you what. Why don't you just give it to me, that way you can buy another vehichle, that would be a lot easier to fit this stuff into. There is no sense of a newb having to go through this, in that type of automobile.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
PHHH screw you buddy! my El Camino aint never lost a race.. and aint gonna start..she's my shaggin waggon.. Mess with the best get smoked like the rest!

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Well, I don't think Koz meant any harm. He just means your vehicle is against you, in terms of flexibility, when you're looking at this stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I know but i'll fit if i have to tear out the seats and make my baby ride on my lap.. hey thats a good idea..:-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 146
serious Jacob, I was paying you a compliment. Haven't seen the car, but that's a nice ride. As far as audio goes it's gonna be hard to fit stuff inside. Let's face it, They are built tight. And that's good as far as the car goes.

As far as never losing a race, I believe that. But GLASS has a ride of his own, you may not want to go up against. AGAIN!!! just joking around.

You may want to go shallow mount free air subs, that should fit under the seat. Hell your "baby" would even like that. LOL watch her smile to the beat of the bumps. LOL.

Subs are gonna be hard to find, the rest is pretty easy. I know there are others but eartquake makes a hell of a shallow maount sub, and jonathon has mentioned a couple of others, but I don't recall who made them.

Have fun, and sorry if I offended you. It wasn't intentional.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yo, Koz i was just jokin to...but i would sell my baby for a perty penny ....U didnt offend me any i was just givin you crap.. I LOVE my car.. somebody told me somthin like Infinity had some pretty slim subs...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us