SOUNDSTORM STRETCH DADDY 900 WATT DUAL VOICE COIL SUBWOOFER
900 watts peak power
450 watts continuous power handling

which of the 3 are the best pick??

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 148
Dude, none. Those are all very low end subs. How much money do you have to spend? We can help you pick good subs for the money.

Username: Bryanwalsh524

Post Number: 1
like $100- $120 for two subs lol

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 149
Well, I would recommend getting 1 sub. And you could always save a little more money. For example, Adire Shiva's are very very good subs, and their about 150 bucks I think. Trust me, you will regret buying bad stuff and blowing 100 bucks, rather than waiting and getting something good. I know, because I wasted like 100 bucks on legacy and pyramid junk when I was like 13, and now that I'm 16, I'm paying the price, becuase I had to buy all new stuff, and there's no way anybody wants to buy used legacy.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1699
They're $125 shipped. You're much better off getting a single Shiva.

Anonymous

i'd go with the soundstorm sub out of those three man.

Post Number: 3
k thanks all............ i'm gunna look into a shiva but i really want 2 subs

Post Number: 5
i cant find shivas on ebay and if i buy online i want from there

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 23
try your local stereo shop and see what they have layin around, maybe a clearance, or return, or maybe somethin used back in the install bay, try that first, then maybe a pawn shop, i would use an internet store as a last resort in otherwords.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 134
I believe it's adireaudio.com for the shivas. You are better off buying from there as to buy from ebay. They are reputable company, so they aren't gonna rip you off like someone could on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 135
buy the way 1 shiva with the right power will out perform 2 of those that you listed above. You don't gotta have 2 to be loud, and if you buy the right amp, you can always add another sub later.

Post Number: 7
i looked at those shiva's but they look ugly lol. i want my system loud though....... i dont want shitty quite bass

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 17
who care about looks my friend, shiva's are good quality subs for the price, just get the shivas with the adire logo on them, if you put those shiva's in a good home they will perform well for you, they may look ugly but they are built tough as hell

Post Number: 9
ok...... everyone...... i am leaning towards the Shiva Mark 1V. but i have a few questions..... it says "650W total to the driver" at the adireaudio.com about the shiva..... i want more than 650 watts though. is 650 the maximum it can get??? and i have already bought a cuspid xtreme amp.... they are cheap but are they still decent?? or are Soundstream Vanquish amps any good???

BigYellowTaxi
Unregistered guest
Dude, why don't you learn a little more about the basics before you just starting thinking that "more watts equals louder sh*t". That 650w is a thermal rating. The shiva is AWESEOME. It can reach full excursion w/ 300W and the sucker pounds.

I would take this great sub over any of those you listed above or Audiobahn crap that was rated @ 1000w.
The compnay (Adire) dropped things like pretty looks and chrome so that they could produce a killer sub at an affordable price.

It can be found at www.acoustic-visions.com for $125 shipped.

I promise you those subs you listed at the top are absolute junk. Avoid all these, Pryamid, Pyle, Soundstorm, Sony, Legacy, Lanzar, Boss, Profile, Volfenhag, etc. They all just bite.

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 19
i second the bigyellow taxi, they even have a video on the website showing shiva hittin pretty hard with only 60 watts

Post Number: 10
it wont let me watch the file

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 27
dude trust me the shiva will pound more than any of the subs on your list. not only will it be louder it will take less power to make it louder.(less strain on your electical system) i have a brahma 15" (from adire audio) and i have beat a 3000rms audiobahn system. and get this im only using 1/3 the juice to do it.

sell your amp and get a new one. put the shiva in a big ported box, if that's what people recomend and it will slam more than pyramid, boss, legacy, ect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i read somewhere that ported box's are more damaging to the sub...... is that true???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5720500828

what about this sub... 1000 WATT 12" COMPETITION SERIES SUBWOOFER Brand: American Pro or should i still stick with the shiva.... is everyone sure the shiva really pounds? what kind of box will go best with this sub? ported or sealed or that other band one lol?????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i also saw on ebay a Cerwin or Cerwen V-MAX 12 inch for under 100 new..... arn't V-MAS better than adire cause everyones been talking about them.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 200
The V-Max might have slightly higher SPL. Both are good subs. The Vega is definately better cosmetically. The looks of the Shiva leave a lot to be desired, but don't let that fool you.

The Shiva can reach full excursion w/ 300W in a 1.75 cu ft sealed box. (or 1.5 cu ft w/ 1.5 lbs of polyfil*)

*per jonathan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
But 300 watts hardly seems powerfull lol... and i have a question that i dont get.... whats the difference between the rms and the watts of a sub????

BigYellowTaxi
Unregistered guest
RMS is wattage. It's the recommended wattage. MAX is the maximum the damn thing can take before it melts. And the cheaper brands are very under-rated, so you can't put the max power to a Legacy or Soundstorm sub, it will melt half way there :-)

If you want something that is more powerful (that can handle more power) You're gonna have to spend more. Look at the Orion P12(500W rms/1000W Max) or the Diamond Audio M6 (800W RMS)

But just because these subs "handle" more power doesn't mean they have higher output. Just means the magnet/motor is bigger and needs more power to move the cone.

If you buy the Shiva, and you power it properly in the right enclosure and it doesn't kill some stupid Profile, SoundStorm, Boss, etc., then I'll buy it from you! How do you like that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
lol ok well i guess i'm buying a shiva.... two if needed but i still have to wait a couple months cause i'm only 15 and dont have a car lol. i'll probably buy the subs first before the car.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI Usa

Post Number: 14
dude, dont be cheap or "save a buck or two" becasue you dont need two subs to sound good. you will be happy with your shiva, trust me. you need to do your homework more before you start talking about how more power will be louder, its so not true!

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 11
hmm, great responses ... makes me content with the 3 JL 10 w3v2d4 choice that I got quoted. I mean, I want to get bigger subs and more powerful ones, but like you guys said doesnt mean much. I mean obviously the JL w7 10 is better then the w3v2, but it wont fit, and Im sure the system I am saving up for will be decent. I mean, if im not going to be competing, there is no need for a 4000w sound system .

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 87
Yes, I owned 2 audiobahn 10'' aw1000q 600w rms subs, THEY BLOW! Terrible SQ, they could get up there in SPL, but it was worthless. If you still have awhile before you are waiting to get some subs, save up and get a brahma or x.x.x. You will be much happier. (I sold the audiobahns for 100$ and spent 100 more and got 2 12'' V-MAX's, they pound 4 times as hard, and they take less POWER!....Hmmm should i add they sound great!)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
maybe but i want a system as soon as i get a car so i will buy the 1 Shiva and use it till i got enough money for the brahma and then sell my shiva to someone in my school for same price or more lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us