Trunk rattling; driving me insane!!

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 145
Ok, I have a 12" sub in a slot ported box, so of course all that air moving is gonna make things rattle. I dynamatted the whole trunk lid, and anyother spots in the trunk that have holes that air could enter and make things rattle. It worked very very good. The trunk it's self was totally silent, and it did make the music better sounding. The only problem now is that my tail lights are vibrating, and very loud I might add. It's not the trunk that is making the noise, it's the actual taillights, and the plastic casing the lights are in. Anybody have any ideas for what I should do? Sometimes it is not noticeable at all, and at other times I just can't stand the rattling.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 125
can you port your rear deck or the arm rest that should release some of the air in the trunk. you might want to take the casing completly bulbs etc off and spray the dynamat foam in the tail light area then put everything back together. besides the foam theres also a type of paint that dynamat makes so you can try that instead of the foam.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 147
Actually, the trunk is vented, all are. There are 2 vents, each runs throught the side of the car, and exits into the area that you sit. I know releasing air would help, but I can't do anything else. I was thinkning about taking the break light casings out and putting something around all the edges.

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 34
i have a buddy of mine who cuts most of the rear deck out to eliminate this problem, of corse he dosent cut in areas where he needs the deck, most of the time this has solved rattling problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us