Convert single digital coaxial cable to two RCA

Username: Ejbrever

Post Number: 1
The back of my TV only has a single digital coaxial cable and I would like to hook it up to my receiver which has only RCA inputs. Is there anyway to convert a digital coaxial cable to two RCA's?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2822
No, one is digital, the other is analog.

Username: Musasabi

Post Number: 1
What about DAC converters? Digital music files converted to analog sig to the speakers.

I too would like to know if anyone has seen this because my buddy bought a TV where the only output is digital rca coax. No d-rca coax on the reciever and thus the problem, just like Eric. I feel your pain bro.

If there is such a device I would expect it to be relatively expensive.

Please help us! Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2876
If your receiver doesn't have a digital input, buy a new receiver that does. I've seen them on sale for $100. The difference in audio quality between analog and digital is worth the money. You can't get 5.1 or DTS without a digital connection.

Username: Musasabi

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help. He does have a digital input (toslink) and maybe we can go from d-rca coax to toslink. Just not sure if the receiver will do it (availibility issue), but I think it will.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2877
If the receiver only has TOSLink, you can buy a coax to TOSLink converter for a pretty reasonable price.

https://www.cablesforless.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3053
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us