Neutrik connectors too tight

Username: Vonzelow

ParisFrance

Post Number: 1
I am going through my bag of dead guitar and mic cables and replacing the bad connectors. I bought some Neutrik 1/4-inch and XLR connectors with strain relief which are quite nice but I absolutely can't get them to screw on to my cables, even with lots of force. I don't think my cables are unusually thick. Is there a trick I'm missing? Thanks. Jon

Username: Vonzelow

ParisFrance

Post Number: 2
Well, the solution is to be patient screwing on the end cap, eventually the threads catch and it pulls the rest together. Also with angle connectors be sure to align the rectangular hole correctly.
No posts in response, too bad for me! Next time I will ask about optical cable! Ha ha! :-)

Username: Norbertn

Post Number: 1
Jon, I suggest you have a look on the assembly instruction which you can find on the Neutrik homepage under technical support - assemblies. Depending on the thickness of the cable you may have to "shorten" the chuck by breaking of the top part. There is especially a break off part for thicker cables. If you still have problems please call on nachbauer@neutrik.com directly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us