'Up-Convert' Cable

Username: Peter07

Post Number: 1
I read in a Businessweek article on high-tech stuff that there is a cable that "up-converts," or turns bad images to near HD quality or something. I believe the cable had a number like 231 or something and cost around $300. Anyone know the name of this cable and their experiences with it?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7129
Where is this Businessweek article now? If you read it, where did you put the issue?

A cable that up-converts??? I don't know about that!

Username: Weezelb

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 9
I have a DVD player that upconverts, the preferred connection is by the HDMi cable and it was supplied with the player.

I can not think a cable could do this as their would be a internal chip doing the conversion? But hey, I'm no expert.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7148
A cable that turns bad images to near HD quality??? Yeah right!

Username: Reddfoxx

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
Could you posibly mean RazorVision by Belkin.It's around $300.00.
http://www.pureav.com/razorvision/
It will not upconvert but will enhance the image according to Belkin. I doubt it will do anything to enhance the image. If you decide to try it, let us know what you think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7239
I want to know as well. However, it does not turn crappy images into near HD quality pictures. It enhances the existing picture. It will make it brighter and give it more contrast. It is, in esence, an amplifier. So if you have crappy picture quality, you will get an enhanced crappy picture which is brighter with more contrast.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us