Buying new Pan42" HDTV need cable advice

Username: Dhead97

Post Number: 1
Hello. Im stuck and totally confused. Looking at a Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK and TH-42PX50U. Both great ratings. I have a dish sattelite receiver with a DVI out which I was going to connect to TV when I choose with a DVI to HDMI cable. Well I also have a DVD player that has a DVI out and Component out. Heres where Im stuck. The TH-42PHD8UK model I can add additional expansion boards like another DVI in. The PX50U I cannot. Im stuck here.

Should I get the TV that I can add another DVI in for the DVD player or will I really notice enough of a diff between the component and DVI to justify the price??? Seems sone people say theres not a big diff between component out and DVI out on a progressive scan DVD player to really notice a dramatic difference and others say there is. OR

Should I get the one that has only one DVI in (the 42PX50U model) and then if I choose just get a DVI switch which seems to run about the same price as another DVI expansion board? I read a bunch of posts and am getting more confused by upscaling and all that DVD players I guess do. I hope someone can explain this better and help me to choose. Thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us