Which cable for amp + ipod

Username: Mike06

Post Number: 2
quote: I went down to the local electronics shop and asked the question "I want to connect my iPod or portable player to my AMP so that i can play it through the car speakers" i explained to them that i dont have any head unit so any FM transmiters, tape deck adapters or AUX's (eg. in a cd/mp3 player) wont work.. so he goes, jus connect this $50 shiney plated gold wire, to the AMP then to the iPod, made by some UBER expensive ipod brand which mearly looked like the average stereo RCA-to-minijack cable.

So i asked him why i should buy the $50 one if i already have a cable like that lying around the house which is probably around $3 (except without the fancy gold).. and he told me that the Ipod, or amp, could BLOW UP! he said the wire somehow works as an adapter to make it "all good" - so im now in very much concern about my equipment.. does anybody know if this EXPLOSION could happen if i dont buy the fancy bling-bling????

p.s: i think the $50 cable is called "Monster Cable Stereo Mini to Dual RCA Cable."
..but im not 100% sure

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5988
No it won't blow up.
But, what kind of amp do you have in the car? What kind of inputs can it accept.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us