Optical cable for all in one dvd system? help please

Username: Mrblacknblue

Post Number: 1
ok, i got one of those all in one home theatres , dvd player, receiver, speakers etc. I hooked up my component cable. Do i need to run an optical cable for my audio? someone please help. also where do i hookup the optical on the tv?

Post Number: 2
I know a lot of people use a seperate receiver for their surround sound and then hook that up to their dvd. So if im using an all in one system, is there any difference as far as connections?

KidA
Unregistered guest
Yes. Most likely an Optical Digital (Toslink) cable. Or possibly a Coax Digital.

Post Number: 3
well my dvd player has only the optical and where on my tv do i hook it up to? does the tv have to have "optical" or can it go to audio in?

KidA
Unregistered guest
You need to run the optical out on the dvd to the optical in on the receiver. Then run either the video, svideo or component to the tv depending on what is available on the tv.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 177
actually, if you have an all-in-one system, you don't need to hook anything up except the TV to the receiver. The digital or optical cable does not need to be hooked up to the TV because the dvd IS in the receiver. If you want to hear the audio from your receiver/dvd player, you can hook up the analog cable output of your system to the TV's audio input.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us