Samsung SCD103 Question...Please Help

Username: Force1995

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 1
I am new at this but I am needing help ASAP. I have a Samsung SCD103 camcorder. I have installed the software that came with it (Samsung DVC Media 5.1 & Ulead Express Photo 4.0). However, in what I have been reading on the Samsung website, I am suppose to use the Photo Express since I am using a USB. I want to transfer my videos onto my computer. When I click on the Ulead Photo, it doesn't do anything. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling 5 times. Still when I click on the icon, it does nothing. Can someone please tell me how I can transfer my videos onto my computer? I am using HP Pavilion ze5700 with Windows XP Home Edition.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8368
That camcorder has an output called IEEE1394 or DV out. You need a firewire cable to connect to your PC and transfer videos. Your PC also needs a firewire input that looks like this
Upload

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 2
Thank you for the information. Where do I get a firewire cable that connects to my Laptop to transfer videos? Also, where do I get the firewire input that looks like the picture? Do you by chance know what this is going to cost me for each of these items??

Gold Member

Post Number: 8373
Look in the back of your laptop if you have an input like this. It usually has a symbol
Upload

and the cable that you need looks like this

Upload

you can get this cable at your local computer supply store.

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 3
I don't have firewire on my laptop. Can I get a firewire to USB connection to work?

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 4
I have an i394 plug in on my laptop. Is this the firewire or what is it? What else do I need?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8410
I have provided you with pictures above. If it does not look anything like the ones I provided...

And no, you do not want to use a firewire to USB connection/conversion. You can try it, but you will have problems.

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 5
What about this: I have an i394 plug in on my laptop. Is this the firewire or what is it? What else do I need?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8414
What kind of laptop is it?

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 6
Dell Inspiron 8500 with Windows XP Home Edition.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8421
According to specs, that laptop employs 1 input for 1394, probably the i394 you are referring to. that should be your firewire. Get a cable for your camcorder as I described above. Then you will need a decent video editing software. Again, I will warn you not to use the program that came with your camcorder. Try Ulead, Pinnacle or Adobe Premiere.

Username: Xgeko91

so i'm interested in doing a short film for a summer project. i have obtained a scd103, which has a usb and firewire jack. however, my computer doesnt have a firewire jack. does this mean i'm pretty much hopeless?

Username: Xgeko91

Post Number: 2
oh yeah - i was looking around the house at some of the newer laptops. there was an input that was labeled 1394 but looked like the same as the input to the camcorder. i don't really know what's going on...

Username: Adams1

}I accidentally break the installation CD ROM that come with my samsung digital camcorder VP-D102D, hence i am unable to connect my cam to the pc. Could you please tell me how to download the software or better still how to get a new software.As Im really in need to connect my cam to my pc. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us