Transferring VHS tape to DVD with camcorder

Username: Mookiep

Post Number: 1
I am trying desperately to convert some old home movies to my cam corder, and then edit them on iMovie. I have a JVC GR-DVM76U camcorder, and a Mac G5. I cannot get this to work. I have hooked up my camcorder to the VCR and tried to record that was, but I only record what the camcorder views through the veiw finder. Can someone please help, this is for a Christmas present.
Thanks

Roger T.
Unregistered guest
Make sure you take out the MiniDV tape, as the computer will think you want to import footage from the tape. Also, most camcorders have a pass-through mode, sometimes labelled AV-DV mode, which must be enabled through the camera's menus. Check your manual for your camcorder's instructions. Hope this helps.

Meachel
Unregistered guest
Hello i am a grade 11 student and I am trying to learn how to take Some VHS footage and transfere that to a dvd. We have the VHS our problem is getting that into the computer. Or trying to get that VHS back to the camcorder so we can put it on the Computer for editing and such. If you could please help me that would be sooooo great ful!!! thank you ever so much

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
if your camcorder has av input/output, then you're in luck. simply connect the av outputs from your vcr to the camcorder and connect the camcorders av out to your pc (assuming ur pc has capture card with av inputs or your camcorder has digital output). use a good software to capture and edit your project.

Meachel
Unregistered guest
ok see this is how it works, I can connect the vcr to the camera and the camera to the computer I just dont know what to do from there. We run a Show Biz program at the school, a capturing program. when i run the vcr with the footage that i want to capture i dont know how to get it into the computer. What do i do??

kuchkuch
Unregistered guest
meachel,
just as Roger T. suggested, make sure your camcorder is in the pass-through mode. open a good software like ulead and choose the capture from camcorder option. when u play ur vcr, u should see the video on the computer. from there it's self-explanatory.

Meachel
Unregistered guest
Im sorry but I just dont understand how to set my camcorder to a setting so i can just let it "flow" through. I need a little bit more information that what you guys are tellling me. PLease be specific.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2966
Meachel,
What video capture program or device are you using? This is very important, so answer that first, then we can go on to the capture process.

Meachel
Unregistered guest
Ok well I am using a JVC 510 video camera, Showbiz DVD 2 program a GOld Star vcr and windows xp program... is that the information you wanted?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us