What subs should I choose?

LookingforSubs
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if the CompVR 18 or 15 inch subs were any good? If not should I just go with the solobarics? The 'barics would be ported and the 15's and 18's would be too unless i couldnt fit them in my caprice for the 18's. Im looking for SPL more than sound quality, about a 60/40 or 70/30 on spl/sq and please could I only get opinions about these subwoofers and not other ones because I have heard the 'barics and like them, just wanna know more on CompVR's...thanks

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 143
I will not suggest square subs they're horrible. The Solo subs have many design issues, are not durable nor reliable.
I would go with the CompVR.

LookinforSubs
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the opinion, but like I said I actually like the solos so i have to differ with you...but do you think 2 18 or 15 in ported CompVR could hit as hard as 2 12 inch Solos ported?

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 83
mazda didnt say they cant get loud its just they will break

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 114
Lookinforsubs, most people will advise you to stay away from solobarics. They are square, this means they will suffer from distortion at high excursion because they are non-linear in shape. They have many documented problems with seperation and lead-slap. They have uneven stress points and limited excursion because of the square shape. Plus I thinking they aren't very efficient. I know the solo-x takes like 4000-5000 watts, and it wouldn't get as loud as an X X X powered with 1/3 of that wattage.

I would recommend to you a 15" RE X X X, you will be doing yourself a favor. It will hit harder than the kickers and sound a lot better. Port it to around 32 hz.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 149
Definately agree with John. I'd Take a single X.X.X over the Solo(s) in a heart beat.

Even though the CompVR wouldn't be my first choice in a sub they are loud and I would take them for thier reliability over the Solo.
You aren't going to find too many fansof them here. Even the people that own/owned them are or did "upgrade" from them to something else.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 291
I would have to take the opinion of the rest of the guys in here. But if it's what you like then get it.

An Adire Brahma, RE Triple X , or ID Max would be a better investment. You could kill any L7 with these, certainly the first 2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us