400w into 2 12w0's?

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 46
The 12w0's say 125 RMS, I was thinking of running them on a 400 watt amp, would 200 RMS into each be too much?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
also does anyone know how good the punch stage two loaded box setup is from fosgate?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50567&item=5716997850&rd= 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
any help would be awesome, im real confused.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 463
Those subs will blow with that much power. You shouldn't go over the RMS rating. If you want 200watts to each sub then you need to look at something like 2 10" Cerwin Vega V-max.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 207
you can over drive them a little but ill put it this way dont run a 400 rms amp on them

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 464
Yeah sure I have seen ppl run 150 watts RMS to them just fine but 200 they will blow if not careful. Because that is a thermal rating and to much heat will melt the coils.

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
same here my cousin ran about that in his but only thing is the foam surroud started cracking but that might have been cuz it was in direct sunlight alot im guessing

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 465
Yup being in direct sunlight can do that. Thats why mine are under my backseat lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
LoL ....cool confirmed another suspision

check out my post joke for the day

Bronze Member
Username: Tom_k

Post Number: 11
I got one 12wo hooked up to a earthquake amp,bridged,which is 125x2. I seems to take the power fine. But I know JL's can take more than what they say. I just wouldn't turn the gains way up. Mayby someone else can help better.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 467
Tom I wouldn't run over 150 watts RMS to those if those aren't enough try a higher end sub. Good Luck

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 76
I ran about 150-175 watts to each of my W0s till I got my IDMAX, I had no problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us