MTX THUNDER 9500, TWO 12 INCH, NEED HELP...

Hey, I'm Nate, I work at Circuit City and get excellent deals on car audio equipment, so money is not a factor... I can spend about $1,500 (cost) which in car audio terms, equates to about $3,000 retail dollars...

I was going to get 2 12" type-R's, but then the car audio guys told me about these 50+ pound MTX 9500 subs, and I think I've made-up my mind... The 12" 9500 retails $500, I get them for $242 a piece, I've been told that a good amp for this equation would be the $700($320 for me) MTX 1501D.

Along with the two 12" 9500 and the 1501D amp, I'll be getting a capaicter $130($60), 4 gauge amp kit, high-quality RCA's, an audio-enhancers box and extended warrantee on everything...

All told, It'll be $1,300 for me, or $2,700 retail dollars... Wanna' know what you car audio people think... Sound decent? Any problems with any of the mentioned equipment?

Also, when I order my box, what space do the 9500's require for bump-space? I know the typ-r's were 1 cf... Same for 9500's? any help would be appreciated- thanks.

DirtTrackRacer
Sorry but I can't find any info on the subs.
This is the best I found: http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/news/newsTemplate.cfm?ID=607

roadthunder
go to mtx.com they have the specs along with what type of enclosure you want...

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/thunder9500.cfm

Anonymous
The 9500 require 1.75 cubic feet of space.

Anonymous
I just started working at Circuit City too, and am thinking about doing the same exact setup.

First don't use a four guage amp kit. Use 1/0 guage power and ground wire with that thunder 1501d. Have a custom box made and make sure that is ported. Instead a capiator use a second battery.

Anonymous
To all you Circuit City Guys I have a question .
I have a MTX6500D Amp and I am having a hard time deciding which subs to buy .
Either 2 12" 8000 Series or 1 12" 9500 Series .
Please advise . I drive a 2000 Nissan Maxima and I want the most bass for the amp that I have .

PAUL
Hello this is PAUL I am having problem choosing subs for MTX Thunder 1501D. I planned to use rockford ROCKFORD FOSGATE RFR3110. I wanna know you guys opinion. THANX

Ryan
whaddup i work at circuit city also,i put the special order for 2 12 9500's like a week ago (check me out store location 0238) and 2 of the 1501D's but im not sure if the 9500's will ever come in cuz i dont know if you guys that work here know or not but when a price ends with .95 or .96 cents it means its going outta stock and the 9500's are .96 so im not sure if this means they wont ever come in or not.... hopefully the system will kill if it works though... anybody that knows if they will come through gimme a holla at star692@ignmail.com or just post on here aite thanks

Anonymous
for nathan i was wondering if you culd get me to subs for the same price i will pay you extra.plese call me at 1262 728-1436 ask for jay

nate hair
I work at circuit city and when I call mtx they said that circuit city could not get this mtx 9500 so I could not get this sub at all so whats the trick to get this sub pleaes tell me.

Anonymous
Well i am in beardstown Illinois and I oftenly go to sound warehouse and i know the owner we are very good friends and he told me about the deal that mtx id doing until december 31.You can get a complete system from some dealers.You half to use everything mtx,and they will give you a check for 55% back of what you paid. You half to pay full price first.

Is this a mail in rebate...where do I go about picking this up??? I am also interested in the deal that you are getting Nathan. E-mail me at SchlupJon@hotmail.com if you think we can work something out.

hey, just woindering the difference between 2 mtx thunder 9500 12" subs and 15" subs? what would be a better choice to get?
cheers.....chris

motoman22
The 15" subs have bigger cones Chris. Bigger needs more power and more box to move more air which means louder.

If you want big bass, can fit the 15" subs and can afford the amp to drive them right, get them.

j
If you work at circuit city you can get these subs through accomodations. The 12's are only $190 + shipping. I work at store 3151 in Buffalo.

T
That one amp wont be able to power both of those guys trust me I got one of those subs and still that amp doesnt push it all the way. Get One amp for each sub.

Corey
I have one 10 inch 9500 in the custom box that mtx sells them in. I have the mtx big mtx amp 1500 watts on that sub. this is in an intrepid and it really pounds. I really think if you wanted to do two 12's you should buy the dual 12 inch enclousure mtx makes. a little pricey but it looks tits. But you will need two of them amps for sure.

circuit city wont be sellint the 9500s till sometime next year , i work there and was disapointed so i just got one off ebay. if you wana run 2 and push a lot of power get an mtxthunder 942 for each one but get the single voice coil subs if you dont want dont use the1501d on just one its gunna be risky thats a lot of power goin to the sub the 942 will push 1200 watts rms if you run it at 2 ohms and at 14.4 volts----check out the car---- www.cardomain.com/id/crochface

Anonymous
does anyone know how to become certified to install car stereos and speakers so the warranty on the car will not be voided?

Username: Muammar16

Post Number: 1
i need some help finding the right system to go with. i was thinking 2 12" W7's, but after reading this i think 2 12" 9500 might be better. I want the base in my car to sound real good and i also want it to saound real good and loud outside the car. I have a Acura 3.2TL 2004. Also what amp would be the best for this.

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 2
Hey I have an MTX 9500 12" for sale brand new in the box. I also have a vented box for it tuned high. Hooked to get tested pounds it pounds had it hooked up to 81000D mtx. Email me if you are interested I will make you hella of a deal on it really cheap. Tikolx333@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us