Clif Designs versus Infinity--shallow mount

Username: Hausmann

Post Number: 7
Is the Clif Designs PX6.2 the best shallow mount 6.5" before jumping way up in price to Focals or something else? It's for a 99 Honda Accord coupe. Also, an opinion on some 6x9s that will fit on the rear deck would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help (especially Matt for the continued advice).

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 375
Sadly, there are not many good shallow-mounts at all. I'm not aware of any other decent slims between $100 and $250 -- seems the manufacturers don't care.

Personally, I'd say get a set of 5.25" components mounted in a 6x9 plate for the rear. They'll be less likely to overpower your front set and will sound better than any 6x9.

-Matt

Post Number: 8
Well, if I totally take the 6x9's out of the picture then I have more money for the front 6.5's and could psosibly make a jump up in quality/price. Would it still make since to put 5.25s in back or am I better off with nothing back there? Also, I don't have a sub or an amp and I'm using a Pioneer P4600 head unit--where best do I put my money for the best sound? Do I run the risk of damaging these new 6.5's I'm about to get if they are powered strictly by the head unit? Thanks again--you guys are saving me alot of wasted time and money!

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 383
With budget being the prime driver, I'd say the Clifs up front with a Hifonics amp... The 165V2 Slims are still a squeeze in a Civic.

Get that far, then decide for yourself whether you want the next-most-likely upgrade to be a sub for the back (a single 10" would round-out an SQ setup).

-Matt

Post Number: 9
Matt,
What is the next "step up" from the Clifs in your opinion if I can spend a little more on the front 6.5's? Also, what about a recommendation for a reasonable sub that would be adequate for me--I'm not at all looking to go bumping around my neighborhood--just round out the low end that those 6.5's can't (especially if I don't have the 6x9's to add anything). I'm curious about placement too as I have the back seats folded down frequently because of dogs so I need something as out of the way as possible but I'm a total novice and really don't even know all of my options much less what is optimal. Thanks immensely....again.
PS--any particular Hifonics model? To drive those 6.5's and a moderate sub. I have a Pioneer P4600 HU right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us