Need help on planing car stereo system

Username: Ickybobclane

Post Number: 1
hey im new to the whole stereo thing and i was wondering if anyone cold help me out, i have an 04 ford expedition and want to upgraade the sound, not competition just better, so far all ive got planned is to get 2 cerwin vega 12 inch subs and an MTX Thunder801D amp to power them, so far all i know i need is the 4 side door speakers, prefferably a deck that can power the speakers and not need a separate amp for them, there is probably other stuff i need too like my friend mentioned a new battery, please can anyone help me get a better hold on how this all works and also suggestions on equipment, i dont want to spend more than $2k on it all and want to do it all myself thank you

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1121
If you have $2000, why not get an external amplifier for components? You can also get better subs for the money(not that they're bad, but your budget allows better ones). Go to an audio shop and concentrate on listening to subs and front components, a good set of components up front, amp for them, and subs are all you need, forget rear speakers.

Username: Ickybobclane

Post Number: 2
lol thanks for the info but as i said im new so i have no idea what you just said, all i got out if it was forge the mid and rear speakers and ony get front speakers, sub's and amps for eme, if this is right can you suggest any speakers? thank you

Anonymous

Like Jonathan suggested, Go to a car audio shop and liten to different 6.5" component sets and differen't 12' inch subs. find what you like best.

Tell the audio shop that you want a a "good set of components up front, amp for them, and some subs and amp for the rear are all you need, forget the rears speakers"

-Maybe Infinity Pefect series 6.5" Components in front
-2 JL Audio 12" subs and box
-MTX or JL audio Amps for both the front components and subs.

From a retail store this is what I've gathered in a short time would be quality stuff. You've got a nice budget that will allow good quality components. If you have quesitons, come back here and tell what's been suggested by the shop and for what price. Someone will be able to tell you if you're getting screwed.

Avoid Circuit City /Best buy!

Happy Shopping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us