Is this possible?


New member
Username: Franksta

Post Number: 1
Registered: Aug-04

I got a brand new car about a month ago, and I'd like to put my amp and subs in it. However, If at all possible, I'd rather not take out the factory stereo or even bother with taking anything apart on the dash, etc.

A friend of mine mentioned that he thought there was some kind of item I could buy that would allow me to splice into my back speakers and not steal any of the wattage. He also said I would be able to hook up my RCA cables to this mystery item and connect them to my amp.

Does such an item exist? Or was my friend just making up stories?

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4462
Registered: Dec-03
most sub amplifiers have high level inputs that will take speaker level inputs and use them as a signal for the amp.
you can do this externally as well using a "LOC" or line-out converter. (line reducer)
any car audio shop sells these

New member
Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 1
Registered: Sep-04
Here is a link to the product you would need:
Works great. We sell a lot of these on ebay at this same price $9.99 with free shipping.
GlassWolf was right. A lot of amplifiers will have a high level input. If it doesn't I would go with the item I mentioned above.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us