Best amp for 13w7?

Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 9
What is the best amp for one jl audio 13w7?

Post Number: 10
When i said best, i meant best amp for the money. If i must then i will go with a jl audio 1000.1 but it is awful pricey.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 930
For the money, you could get a Zapco Reference 1100.1 here http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=490&1=491&3=327 for $659 plus shipping, so say $700. EXCELLENT amplifier, it's an AB amp, so better sound quality than a class D, and at a 3 ohm load it'll be around what the 13W7 needs for power. The JL 1000/1 is a great amplifier, too, just more costly in most places. Out of both regardless of cost, I'd take the Zapco.

sinister minister
Unregistered guest
does no one know about harrison labs? if ur looking for high efficiency, low distortion and low price, harrison labs is the way to go. these guys wrote the book on d class amps(one of the first 3 companies to come out with d class amps), even amps in general(first car amp in the market was designed by these guys). $300, for a class d, 800 watts rms @ 4 ohms amp, is an unheard of price for high end audio. plus these amps can be ordered at 1,2 and 4 ohms. even if these amps were at the same price range as the jl 1000/1, i would still go for the hlabs amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
would the jbl bp1200.1 amp be a good amp for a 13w7?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
would the jbl bp1200.1 amp be a good amp for a 13w7?

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 44
The 1000/1 is the best amp for a 13w7 jl damn near made that amp for that speaker. it will give you 1300 to 1400 pure power and its stable at 1.5 ohms. You have to shop around, i have seen it as low as 615 in some shops. i was once told in order to play hard you sometimes have to pay hard, but the amp is worth the buck. Take it from someone who has heard 2 of them on two 13 w7's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
one more thing JL will void your warranty if you use other amps that exceed the power rating of the 13w7 just one more reason to keep everything JL

Username: Phaseramous

Cudahy, Ca Us

Post Number: 3
If you are interested I have a 2004 punch p8002 rockford fosgate amp with remote punch bass controller, I paid $600 for it but no longer need it since I got an 1100a2 fosgate and a 800a2 also. I am willing to sell it for $400, i tested the amp by bridging it and hooking up one 12' t1 1200 watt fosgate woofer and a 15' hx2 2000watt fosgate woofer and the amp lifted both with no problem. It is 800 at 4 0hm 1600 at 2 ohm's and 2400 peak at 1 ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
do you think i would need to get a new alternator with a jl 1000.1 and a 13w7?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
well mono amps are efficient on power it all depoends on what else you have pulling on it besides the regular stuff like youe defroster, head lights etc...

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 963
In most cases, people need a new alternator with a 1000/1 amplifier. It can draw up to 120 amps at full draw, more than most stock alternators can handle, you also have to add the fact that the car will be running accessories, so you'll need a good bit of headroom. If you only plan to have a 1000/1 amp, a 160 amp alternator would be good (depending on the accessories your car has to run) if you plan to add another amp for components, go ahead and get a 200 amp if possible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I changed my mine about the amp and sub because i dont want to get a new alternator. I think i will go with the same components but i will use a jl 500.1 amp with a 10w7 or 12w7. Still think i would need a new alternator? Also, which sub do you think would sound best on a 500.1 amp between the 10 and 12w7?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 967
It depends on what kind of car you have. The 500.1 can draw up to 60A, but it depends on how many accessories your car has to run and how much the alternator puts out. I'd get a 12W7, but that's just me.

Anonymous

What Alternator Amp range do you gotta get into with TWO 1000/1 amps,running two 13w7s. I dont think TWO 13w7s is even necessary tho.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1166
Not really necessary, remember there are subs that will produce more SPL off of less power. You'd need a custom made alternator in the 300 amp range.

Anonymous

Rite,but im getting these two for the price of shipping soon. Hehehe. The owner said they dont hit,but I think I'll be happy with just ONE on a 500/1 or a 1000/1????

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1170
For the 13W7, the 1000/1 is the amp to use. If you have one 13W7 in a ported box you can hit 150 db if the car is right, two could reach low to mid 150s.

Anonymous

Dang,Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us