Diamond Audio TDX Question

erik12345
Unregistered guest
My girlfriend has a 99 2 dr tahoe and I recently got a nice eclipse head unit (i love the clean look they have) eclipse front door speakers a kole (cheap) audio amp thats pushing an old 10 w6 i bought of a buddy for 50 bucks in a ported box

my question is this -- the box is amazing but the sub is not so I have 3 options as I see it

1. Ditch the W6 and box and buy 4 Kicker VR 10's and an amp my neighbor is selling for 350 dollars
while moving the kole amp to the mids and highs -- not perfect quality but the 4 kicker subs tested out to 151 db

2. Buy a Diamond 10 or 12 TDX and a solid amp

3. Find a 10" of good quality that can use the box

Any help is appreciated -- I have heard diamond audio and I love it in my opinion the 12 TDX can hang with the W7 but for about 400 less so that is obviously an attractive option for me

erik12345
Unregistered guest
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1042
You need a better amp for the sub, concentrate on getting a quality ten for that box and amp to match. If you like the TDX, get one if it'll work with the box, or if you're willing to build a box, they're good subs. About the 4 Kickers, not a bad deal at all, I'm not a big fan of Comp VR's myself, though, as far as sound quality. I wouldn't even put that amp on mids and highs, I'd power the speakers off the Eclipse head unit before powering them with a crappy amp.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
i went to price out 2 tdx 12's -- kinda more than i was expecting -- said theyd fit out and install 2 12's in a great box for a grand....

but for a grand im thinking a might be able to get something better....anyone have any thoughts on this

(this is for my system not the tahoe)

im thinking the

Eclipse 5000 forgot the exact # but its the step up from the 3434

Diamond components in the front with dyn silk tweeters swapped in for the others

running them with a decent amp nothing amazing

then still trying to figure out what to do with the subs tdx, eclipse aluminums or titaniums jl w7 or w6.....i guess what im trying to say is they all sound good to me but what will be the most boom for the buck

erik123456
Unregistered guest
the car is an eddie bauer exped. by the way if this helps

and is there anything i can do to fill up the double din space aside from gettin a tv like player

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 327
check out the filler piece its actually a din and a half space

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zTf23c1gFcV/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=112200& I=120993002&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us