Current situation..

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 22
ok heres the deal guys. i have (well had..)around 1k to spend on my system which was going to be just about perfect for the items i was purchasing. i was going to grab:
2 VMAXs (109$ each)
the infinty kappa 60.5 component set (179$)
q-logic kick panels for the components (i have a reg. cab truck so my stock fronts and rears are only 4x6s..i would rather go with kick panels than cut up the front to fit somthing in there(130$))
JBL BP600.1 for the subs (175$)
JBL P-180.2 for the components ($120)
Custom box for the subs (75$)

All in all this rounded up to be around 900 w/o shipping. Heres the problem..

I was planning to leave my cheaper deck in there and upgrade it in about a month or so after i got paid again, but 2 nights ago my car was broken into and the basterds jacked my whole console (custom since i have a truck), cd player, deck, and some CDs. Stupid me, the one time i forget to grab my deck it gets jacked...figures =\

Now im not sure what i should buy at the moment, and what i should hold out for. I know im going to need a deck and i was looking at the Alpine CDA-9807 for $240. this takes away alot of the money i had saved for my system. Im also getting an alarm installed right away but thats going to cost less than 100$ installed because of friends. What should i do? The VMAXs are on sale for 109$ a piece at acaraudio.com and im not sure how long they will stay on special. My first thought was to buy the new deck, the alarm, the subs, the box, and the JBL 600.1, thenbuy the kappa components and JBL P180-2 in about a month, how would this sound? if i took out the rears which are pretty much next to driver side/passenger side ear, and just left the stock fronts would the speakers sound horrible with the upgraded cd player and subs? What do you all suggest? Im really bummed about having my stereo jacked so i need your guys opinion on what to do. Thanks alot, -ryan

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 471
Look on ebay for the alpine 9827. Should be able to get it for around 200.00 shipped if your stuck on alpine.

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 23
jonathan? wahl? need your input guys

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1039
If you're getting a special on subs, I say go ahead and get them. Alarm next, then head unit. Head units aren't that expensive online, go to somewhere like ebay, www.ikesound.com, www.woofersetc.com, etc. for them. JBL 600.1 next. Then you can get components. You've got the right idea. Sorry to hear about your car. You're not going to like the stock speakers with those subs, but that'll be even more motivation to save for the components :-) Maybe you can get a set of Kappa Perfects and be better off. They're not much more than the 179 you're paying.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 25
I would just buy what you can now, and then buy the rest later. Even if it sounds bad (it shouldn't be terrible, just worse than if you had the upgraded speakers), its just for a month, right?

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 24
ya i think thats exactly what im going to do. i have enough cash to grab the head unit, alarm, subs, box, and amp right now. then in a month ( yes only a month =D ) ill have around 600$ to spend on kick panels, the components(kappa perfects seem like the way to go), and the 2nd amp to run them. what wiring do you guys reccommend? ive seen several kits ranging from 50$ to 200$..please suggest something. at acaraudio.com i found this kit on sale for 50$ http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1196 would this be enough? let me know, and thanks for all your previous help!

Anonymous

u might want to try onlinecarstereo.com they have the vmaxxes there for under 100 and some nice prices on other stuff also

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1044
www.knukonceptz.com for wiring, excellent stuff at great prices. That kit you found is an excellent price for what you get as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us