Questions about need for alt or cap

Username: Plokkr123

Post Number: 5
Hi, can someone tell me if this setup needs a better alt or cap. Sony cd-F7700 deck, Infinity kappa 6.1 perfect comps for front ,factory back speakers for rears(will change later). memphis audio 4ch amp Ma-hk597. A MA AUDIO 800 WATT Mono Block MOSFET M1883I. and 2 sony xplod shitty subs in enclosure(i think maybe 300w each not sure,but also i will change these latter). the car that will be used to this setup is a 2003 suzuki aerio Gs(yes i know not that great, but my first car) I dont know the power rate for the alt that comes with my car, but im pretty sure its really low, i think maybe under a 100 maybe? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I currently got rid of my dead sony d1000p5 amp, as some people suggested and im really looking forward for this setup to work.

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 34
well first off your amp probaly will blow the speakers lol

Selectable Bass Boost (0db, 6dB, 12dB)
50Hz - 250Hz Low Pass Filter

1 x 400W Rms @ 4 Ohm Mono
1 x 800W Max @ 2 Ohm Mono

Fuse Rating: 25A x 2
Dimensions: 13" L x 9.5" W x 2" H

Your speakers handle "300" the amp push 400 to each. If the amp is high quality then it possibly under rated. I would bet that the sony's are overrated handling. Just becareful.

That amp is 50 amp of fuses so Proably yep on a new alternator, and a cap is always nice to have, you probaly need a 1.0 farad. IT will help during peaks, instead of draining from the battery it takes the power from the cap.

Username: Plokkr123

Post Number: 6
?, wait so your saying the 4 channel amp hk597 will blow my infinity kappa perfects and my factory speakers?. i could careless that sony subs will be blown by the other mono amp, because these sonys are pos and i need an excuse to buy better subs. But i really care about my kappas :-) Also, i just found out that my cars factory alternator only cranks out 80 in power, So i guess thats a def for a new alt. What do you recommend a 140 rated alt,120?

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 37
nay i was just talking about the sub's

i guess it wouldn't hurt to have it be 140 it would depend on cost :D and your budget.

have fun and boom boom
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us