Glasswolf

Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 6
I read in earnest your article on rear speakers.
Do you mean in layman terms
1 Not to run rear speakers at all, xcept for the subs?
2. If you are, run them both off of one side tuned to a certain hrtz. And run them low,
3. Front speakers should have bass blockers on them.
Interesting concept, and it sounds right sound quality wise.
Thanks for your time, I am an old man and don't really understand a lot of the things you guys are talking about, but I'm putting a system in my wifes mustang on tuesday, and I don't really want to tear the interior out of it more than 1 time. As I said I'm old and can't twist and turn and get in all those strange postions like I used to.
Thanks for your time

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4340
well, some applications are good for rear speakers, like passenger cars with people in the back seats all the time who want music.
On a purely entheusiast level though, for the driver (and hey, that's all that matters right?) yes, you don't want any rear fill.
if you do use rear fill, it should be mono, not stereo. this keeps from destroying the front speaker sound field.
once the signal to the back speakers is mono, you want to limit the range they play, to the vocal midrange frequencies.. as noted in that article.
you also want them turned down relative to the front speakers to keep them suppressed.
front speakers you want bass blocked from because they aren't large enough to handle notes below around 80-100Hz. this will prevent distortion at higher volumes.
let the subs handle the bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us