Need to talk to people who repair amps.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Mesa, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 734
Hello, all.

I haven't been on this forum for years! (Until recently)

I can see the forum isn't what it used to be... But there are still a handful of diehard enthusiasts left.

So for you old school veterans (or new school experts)... here's my question:

I had my Orion 2500d repaired. It works now, but it does NOT sound the same. BY FAR!

Is it the type of situation where he may have done a "quick fix" with "cheap parts"??

Ive been told that these oldschool amps can be repaired and restored NO PROBLEM. Could it be that my repair guy didn't replace the parts "appropriately"?

He's long gone, and I'm not looking for recourse... Just want to move forward and get it DONE.

So here I am! Turning to my "old forum of experts".

Who has light to shed on the topic? How can I be sure it's all replaced appropriately? Can we open it up and have a look to simply IDENTIFY the issue? At the end of the day, I just want to gain some knowledge and direction. Hopefully I can get it BACK to where it was before.

Thank you for reading, and if you have knowledge or expertise on the topic... Please talk to me.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 11338
Hi Sean,

Welcome back!

It could be "cheap parts" or something else that was damaged internally. Seems impossible to know unless you compared internals versus one working perfectly. Even then you'd probably still want to run diagnostics to discover any variances. Either way same seems very difficult without expensive test equipment.

Username: Prince_j1000

Post Number: 1
I have a pyramid pb444x amp that got burned, the mosfet Q34 and Q35 are burnt to the point where I can't make out what the part numbers are. Could someone help me out with that.
}

Username: Bleon3251

Post Number: 1
I have a Memphis 1500/1 that needs repaired can you help me an if so how much
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts