Code for Clarion RD3 ... PU-2472B

Username: Marria326

United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Hi all

Am hoping someone can help me find the radio car code for my old Citroen C5 radio...which currently thinks it's being stolen.

Clarion RD3-01
Model PU-2472B(D)
Serial No. CL054620158742

I'm not sure if any other data is necessary.

thanks very much
Marria

Bronze Member
Username: Donald2017

Post Number: 75
Sorry, either main dealer or a workshop based radio decoding service for your model of radio to get code.

United Kingdom

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice, Donald. I'm checking with the dealer now....

United Kingdom

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the advice, Donald. I'm checking with the dealer now....

United Kingdom

Post Number: 4
Oops, apparently I hit the post button twice.

So I'm back from the dealer who is quite insistent this "old" model of radio does not have nor require a code. Yet the very loud "stop thief" beeping seems to point to something is wrong. Any ideas on what to look at next? This assault on my ears was not triggered by a battery change (the battery is about a year old) and I've run through the 'replace battery' sequence of steps several times anyway just in case with no joy.

United Kingdom

Post Number: 5
Oops, apparently I hit the post button twice.

So I'm back from the dealer who is quite insistent this "old" model of radio does not have nor require a code. Yet the very loud "stop thief" beeping seems to point to something is wrong. Any ideas on what to look at next? This assault on my ears was not triggered by a battery change (the battery is about a year old) and I've run through the 'replace battery' sequence of steps several times anyway just in case with no joy.

Bronze Member
Username: Donald2017

Post Number: 76
Hi Marria

I hadn't realised you'd posted again to the thread..

I'm not sure what you mean by the "replace battery sequence" but if it were me, I'd be disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery and reconnecting after say 5 minutes (could be less, but just make sure with 5 mins).. Then reconnect, after one minute power up the radio... Hopefully your car's computer recognises the radio and stops beeping... If you've done this and its still the same, then let me know and I'll see what info I can find out on your radio.

(btw, there's a bug with the forum that it duplicates posts ;) )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us