DVC vs. SVC

Mostsleek
Is there any sound quality difference between a DVC sub and a SVC sub? And which one would be louder in a ported box?

Hi!
Me too I would like to know what is the difference between a dvc or a svc???

Because someone sold me a titanium phoenix gold svc 300 new canadian money. But he is SVC so I remember that my friend was telling me to buy DVC and not Svc but I don't remember why? Could someone help us???

Thanks!
Sam

zacdavis
hi guys, thats relative to what ohm load you would like to represent at your your amp.
many amps say "2ohm stable" right? ok, with that in mind you should understand that the speakers ohm load is what tells the amp what ohm load to "run at". heres the thing, ohm's is like resistance, the less there is, the more power can flow out of the amp. so lets say an amp will put out 50 watts at 4ohms(a 4 ohm sub connected to it), but at 2ohms it puts out 100 watts. why?, thats right, less resistance.
so how do you get a 2 ohm sub?, well you can buy one or wire subs together to make a 2 ohm load,
a 4ohm DVC sub ran in "parallel" will make a 2ohm load
a pair of 4ohm SVC subs in "parallel" will also make a 2 ohm load
a 1ohm DVC in series will make a 2ohm load,
the configurations are endless, if you need to know more check out www.the12volt.com later guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us