So...Im installing this sometime this week. Whatcha think?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 54
1 Kicker KX 800.2 Amp
2 Kicker Comp VR 12"
2 X 400 watts at 2 ohms
Dual vented box

This is going in the back of an extended cab truck.

What Db level do you think this will reach?

All of this was 567 dollars. What do you guys think of my FIRST system?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 302
Thats going to be a great setup. It should reach around 130-140 range you will have to get it metered to know for sure. Also I think you got a good price on everything. Just be sure to do your install as clean as possible. Don't be cheap on your install as this is a VERY important part of the system. Good Luck with your new system.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 107
i will be installing 2 Sony Xplods (350RMS model, dont no name) $80. MTX 311d mono amp. $115. in a sealed box in the trunk of my Nissan Maxima 93. also i will be running 2 Alpine 6.5s 30RMS (old school ;) off of a Rockford Fosgate 60ix. I got the RF amp and Alpine Speakers and box free. $30 for a 4gauge wiring kit.

how do you think this will sound and do you think the speakers or subs should be upgraded first. the RF amp can do 30x2@4 and 60x2@2 so i could get 2 60RMS speakers. Prolly just 6.5 co-axials to fir in the front doors. compononts would be pricy and need a new amp.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 303
John your setup should be ok EXCEPT for the sony subs. But if you like them then stay with them. Again just be sure to do a very clean install. This will help your subs last longer (MAYBE). I just installed a new system for a friend this morning. He had sony subs that blew in 3 weeks. I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen. But now his system sounds NICE since an upgrade to Kicker CompVRs. You may want to put those in consideration. Also Cerwin Vega V-Maxs are great subs too. Good Luck

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 108
ok so you think upgrading the subs would be better than upgrading the speakers first??? also i was looking into the V-MAXs but i would need another amp. another 311D would push 310 a piece. right now i could only give them 155 a piece

what do you think ? subs or new speakers

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 304
Well you really should upgrade the speakers first. You should try components (Infinitys Kappas). Those will give you great sound and later I would upgrade the subs (IF) they last you until you get new ones. Coaxials aren't going to give you very good sound. They would suit you better in the rear. Fronts you would want components unless you ride in the back then put components back there. Best of luck to ya.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 109
could i run some compononts off of my 60ix Rockford amp?? how much would a decent pair of comp cost me??

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 305
Yeah those infintys would sound pretty decent with that amp. The CompVRs 10s are 79.00 and 12s are 99.00. Check out this site they have really good prices.

www.acaraudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 380
I like your set up, cant go wrong w/ kicker.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 110
how would i mount the compononts? woofer in the door panal and the tweeter somewhere high? would i be able to do it myself or would i have to pay alot? remember i do not have a lot of money!! would the 6000cs be worth saving the money over the Kappas??

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 383
Well to mount the components just take out the stock ones and screw the new ones in where the old hole was (this will reqire drilling pilot holes in the metal and then using screws) The sub i wouldnt mount in the door pannel. I have seen it done as like a phantom box but that reqires careful cutting into the plastic then building a box inside the pannel and getting it all gusied up. Plus it could rattle alot if you make it wrong, buy or make a regular box.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 112
ok pat maybe you didnt understand... the compononts i am looking at are 2 6.5" woofers and 2 1" tweeters. there is only a mount in the door for a 6.5" speaker. would i mount the tweeter close to that? i have a nissan maxima 93. or would i want the woofer somewhere else??

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 385
Usually tweeters are up around the dash area. Is there a specific reason why you need 6.5 woofers? That seems like its a bare minimum. With a 6.5 woofer you will probably want it closer to the front because you wont hear it to good all the way in the back. I would at least go with 8" but 10" will make the best sound. Also do you have any type component speakers in the doors as of now?

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 113
ok pat i must be confusing you. or maybe i just have terms wrong. but the woofer i am talking about is just the 6.5" speaker that comes with compononts. not a SUB woofer. just the speaker. i am going to have 2 12" subs in the back. i just need good sound in the front. good quality that wont be drowned out by good bass. Glass or Jon can you help me on how I would install some compononts without spending crazy cash or paying someone. (I want to do my whole car myself. already doing the subs and amps in the rear)

thanks

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 390
Got you now, i was really confused. Because you called the 6.5" a woofer when really its a component speaker (or thats the way i say it). So you'll have tweeters up front components on the side doors and 12" subs in the back. That sounds good. And you will be able to do it yourself. I wouldnt pay anybody.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us