Newb questions here :/

mouser
Unregistered guest
hey yall. let me just start by stating that i have little or no experience with sound systems. im trying to hook up my system in my car. heres what i have:

2 12" sony xplods 300rms 1200max
1 rockford fosgate 401s 400rms amplifier
1 1000w 4 guage rf amp kit

heres what i did:
ran all wires, hooked up subs, headunit and power/ground. the only thing is that the input on the amp for the power wires to go is freakin tiny, compared to the 4 guage power wire. what do i do? chop it down to size to get it in the hole? also. i tried this and nothing was working. any ideas? i really wanna get this working!

also, i have an extra fuse/holder but it doesnt seem to fit anywhere on the amp.

thanks in advance. also, i tried to search but it timed out every time, i know this has probably been asked, thanks for your patience.

yeaaaah
Unregistered guest
i think i would jus cut the wire down ..make it thinner..or try 8gauge..and secondly you dont put the fuseholder on the amp..it goes near the car battery.

mouser
Unregistered guest
yea i did cut the wire down. doesnt work tho. and the main fuse is at the battery also. there is a smaller fuse thats extra tho, and it has a case and 2 connectors, kinda like this

-/|fuse|\-

anyone have experience with this amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 85
i have the same amp. go to a car audio store and pick up a 40amp fuse holder. get a 8 gauge wire kit.!

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 371
Are you sure you couldnt cut the wire down, i mean if you cant cut it down then a 8AWG wire kit wont do you any better. You should try a little harder, it will work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us