Alternator

Username: Caset9082

Post Number: 1
I have a 1993 Ford Bronco that i'm installing 2 Kicker 10's and a 700.5 watt amp. I'd like to know if i should get an HO alternator to go along with the amp and whatnot. As far as i know the alternator in my truck is a stock 95 amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11483
Assuming that amp is a true 700 watts, you will probably be ok without one.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13935
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

install the amplifier. use appropriate gauge power and ground wire based on length of run and current draw t your given load(s.) If you experience voltage rail sag below about 11.5-12.0VDC, then yes, consider upgrading the alternator next.

Post Number: 2
M.S., i'm not positive, but i think Kicker usually underrates their products. I should get the amp tomorrow, so i'll know then exactly from the birth paper.

GlassWolf, thanks for the advice!

Post Number: 4
the kicker certificate says 926 w max power for the amp so...?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11492
Do as glass said, hook it up, play it loud and put a multimeter on the battery and watch for voltage drop. Below 12v you got problems.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15990
x2

Post Number: 9
Thanks guys, i went ahead and purchased a 160 amp alternator from RJM injection tech and it should be a straight swap from what i've read. I only spent $146 to get it and have it shipped. should be here within the next week!

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11551
Whats the idle amperage on it? That is even more important than max amperage.

Post Number: 10
I'm not sure at this point, but i sent a message in the "contact us" part of the RJM website. I'll get back as soon as i get word.

Username: Budzw

Post Number: 1
Sorry if Im hijacking the thread, but im new here and this seems to be an appropriate thread to post my question in.
Ok, so Ive got an Infinity sub rated at 300rms and an amp rated at 400 rms(cause Ive read better to overpower subs, than underpower, just set the gain lower and dont over push things), picking up a 4g wiring kit soon.
Ive read some other posts on here saying that a cap isnt needed, so im not too concerned about gettin one at this point.
My real question is, my car has an alt rated 105a...will that be sufficient for the sub and amp combo Ive got?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us