Good budget 6 1/2" components

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2103
whats out there thats good for a decent price?needs to have good midbass and tweeters that sound good not harsh

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13268
Focal, CDT, and Alpine type R are all good.

the only way you'll get good response from any components the way you want though, is by using an amplifier for them. I'd recommend about 45-65 watts per channel RMS.
head units just don't cut it.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1466
Depending on you tuning capabilities maybe you would like the sound of a silk dome tweeter over a metal dome.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 815
My truck..

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13288
wow, what does this have to do with this thread?

I'm not sure which is worse. That install, or that music. I've not experienced worse examples of either in quite some time.
The doors look good, but those tweeters are pointless and hideous with the wires just hanging out loosely like that. After hearing that music, I expected you to pan back and have the truck Donked.

Gold Member

Mcminnville, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2104
i would not buy components without a amp.the type r's ones are priced pretty decently i have been looking at them.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 816
GlassWolf, are you slow? Read the title of the thread, he wants good 6.5s, so yall are suggesting some and YOU even suggested Type R's.. So i post a video of my 6.5s so he can see how they perform...

I took that video RIGHT after i got the doors done, i had to find a spot for the tweeters i was listening how the tweeters sound on the dash.

EVERYONE loves them, but you're just a "hater" i guess. OH.. how can you say the install is bad but the doors look good?

Oh the paint job sucks but the paint looks awesome? no..

I came back to this shitty forum to help a little, then got some douche bag azz response, this forum hasn't changed since i left..

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13305
the doors look fine. that dash is horrid. the tweeters you stuck on the dash with what appears to be some elmers glue, look terrible.

The Type Rs sound fine. Your taste in music was what I was insulting. I've heard cats screwing that sounded better than that garbage.

geesh.

Mostly I was just razzing you.. but really, do something with those tweeters.. like throw them out. You really don't need them when you have coaxials in the doors. All they are doing is messing with your imaging and soundstage.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2105
ive had employment problems still not got em yet.but i got a better job now..i cant believe this thread is still here since may. anyways ima probably get the type r's in a month or 2...

how much power do they like tho i would thank more than 65 watts since the the rms is 110 i believe..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14217
glad ya got a good job!

You can safely go with an amplifier rated for up to 150W x 2ch @ 4 ohms with music on them, but 65WRMS per channel is plenty for moderately loud volumes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2106
never hurts to have a lil extra im looking at getting between 70-110 watts a speaker just dont know what i wanna spend yet.i gotta do some custom work on getting a sub in the truck.so that aint gonna be cheap cuz i want it ported instead of sealed

Gold Member

Post Number: 2110
has anybody tried the re audio rec6.5c
.im not looking for a perfect sound.just somethang alot better than what came in my truck from the factory.,but i do want better than coaxials

the re's have silk dome tweeters ,i have had a pair of silk tweeters but its been several several years ago.from what i remember i liked them pretty well

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11575
" I've heard cats screwing that sounded better than that garbage.
"

Gold Member

Post Number: 2111
well thats why i asked i cant tell how good somethang is without actually hearing it.you wanna hear garbage listen to my factory speakers

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16298
lol

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 727
REs are over rated IMO

Bronze Member
Username: Nghisus

Post Number: 20
I have a big question that nobody has even acknowledged before jumping into your speaker sucks pissing contest.

Would the OP please define "decent price". $20-$50, $50-$100, $100-$150, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Nghisus

Post Number: 21
FWIW, I used to have Alpine Type R 6.5s powered by an Infinity Amp at 100w RMS per channel. The Type R's are not good compared to the Focals or Infinities in my opinion. They had plenty of mid-bass but the highs and accuracy was not very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us