Do all chrysler / dodge / jeep radios have a anti theft code?

Username: Nirawan

Post Number: 1
I own a u.s. version of a dodge magnum 2005 and would like the change the factory installed u.s. radio with the same european version of this radio. the reason for this swap are the even fm frequencies which are not available with u.s. radios.
I did not receive a anti theft code with the car so I don't know if I have to make sure to get one when buying another radio.
this is the original radio which is now installed in my dodge:

Upload

the battery has never been hooked off so I don't know if these radios need a code....

also does anybody know what the last two letters are in the model number of such radios - like ......AH or ...... AF or .......AE ?

thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5476
I don't think these have anti-theft codes. Uninstalled one a few months back and it didn't seem to have it. This is useful info for a person who wants to steal one Lol, I guess. But these units are pure crap. I don't think I've heard a worse sound system until I heard the base system in a Dodge Charger.

Username: Nirawan

Post Number: 2
I fully agree with the quality :-)
I am just used to listening to news on my preferred station and I cannot get it because of this frequency problem with u.s. radios which are built into cars for the u.s. market. it seems that these frequencies are somehow reserved for others...
thank you very much for the information!

Username: Bantam1

Post Number: 1
hi guys, this might be annoying by now but i please need the code for my Ford 6000cd rds eon cd player!
serial nr is V012899
THANX!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5478
Bantam: totally wrong forum, dude. There's a separate forum for codes. Post there.

nirawan: Yeah it's a shame about the frequency. And if you're just using it for talk radio, then it's a good match. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us