2-Mojo 15 box for customer.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8329
Quick box today for a customer's 2 Memphis Mojo 15's. Installing them tomorrow on his kx2500.1

He wanting big lows, so 7.4cuft 33hz

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8330
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8331
Starting on a box for another customer's AQ HDC3-12's after I get done w/ this Mojo 15 install tomorrow. 2.6cuft, 37hz, flush mount sub.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1564
i like.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16772
very nice !

how come u didnt place the port in the middle instead ?

not that it will make it 100 times better but i just like the port in the middle look more ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8332
Not in the middle due to space constraints. If I had a little more space, I would have built it w/ the port centered, but since I could only get ~7.4, I wanted to go w/ a common chamber to allow for better low end. The center port would have forced me to use separate chambers and cut down on the volume each sub 'sees'.

Port is ~13.5sq/cuft.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14061
I love the router work there.
here's a helpful suggestion.
When working with MDF, consider using some solid grained wood as corner bracing.
If you cut a square strip of the wood and place it in the corners, it gives you a more secure piece to screw into, as screwing into the edge of MDF almost always causes it to split, unless you take the time to pre-drill and counter-sink every screw, which I also suggest doing anyway.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8333
Thank glass,

I used to screw all my boxes together, but I have found that as long as the joints are smooth there is no need. I use 2" 16ga nails and clamps on most boxes now. Save ALOT of time on the build.

I only used screws on this box to pull the bowed bottom panel together (had that sheet of MDF leaned up in the bay for over 2 weeks). I also screwed the 2nd baffle on to allow me to flush trim the port and sub mount holes out right then and there.

As for using screws in MDF, as long as you use 1 5/8th" screws and stay about 4" from any unsecured corner....you stand little chance of splitting the panel. I do clamp before drilling though.

Also, I allow an over night cure time for 95% or my boxes. Other local places clamp/nail them and send them out the door same day even w/ 1000w+ per chamber...I just don't like that. This box is resting in the bay until tomorrow morning, the glue holds the joint, not the nail/screw.

I won't even let a simply sealed 200w 10" box out the door without a minimal of 4hrs to cure.

Edit...
I need a new 5/8" round over bit
You can see burns on the corners of that brace. Plan to drop the old Skil brand ones and go w/ WhiteSide.

Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 8
I've been building boxes long enough to know what I'm doing

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16773
looks like somebody has it in for u ....

for the record its not me ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us