2004 Pontiac Sunfire Combination CD player/radio problem

Username: Mihoutre

Post Number: 1
As you may have noticed, by problem involves a 2004 Sunfire. I have two problems. A couple weeks ago a CD got stuck in the CD player. I managed to get it out, but now the CD player won't accept CDs. The mechanism that pulls the CD in doesn't seem to be working (and apparently, once I push a CD in there, it doesn't eject at all now... D: It just makes this noise, like it's trying to, but then it gives up after a minute). Today I was listening to the radio when all of the sudden everything went quiet. The radio is on and lit up, but there's nothing coming out of the speakers. I checked the volume, changed the stations, changed from FM to AM and back, etc., and nothing. Not even white noise. I don't even think the speakers are blown. I mean, what are the chances they would all blow at once, at the exact same time? I think a wire or connection might have gotten loose, but my dad says, "No." (But then, I think my dad is an idiot.)

So I have two problems; nothing comes out of the speakers, and I can't get my CD player to accept or eject CDs. I will cry, but I can accept it if the CD player will never work again because of some internal hardware damage. Is there anything I can do about my speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 25
Your speakers are useless without a signal from the head unit which is obviously broken. There are many solutions depending on how much you want to spend. You can listen to music even without a head unit!

Username: Mihoutre

Post Number: 2
Let's just say I don't want to spend a lot. Is there anything I can do myself without having to pay anything, or do I need to buy something to be able to fix it?

Bronze Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 26
You really *need* to have this done by someone who has installed audio at least once before, consequences can be serious if done improperly! Cheapest solution: need to have an mp3 player available and this: just type on eBay : "mini car amplifier" it will be $10-15 or so shipped + $15 or so for the needed cables. This setup will provide moderate volume levels to either front or rear speakers, it is a rather poor solution indeed but will get you going for around $30 and the installation may be easier than most alternatives.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us