Capacitor or wiring

Username: Mlbfinest24

Post Number: 1
i have 2 alpine type R's 10inch run by two mrp 500 amps and in a bassworx box...i just got a capacitor from ebay for like 50 bucks i need to know if this will fix my problem of blowing fuses and giving me enough power i have only like 8 gauge wirng and i really dont wanna change it out but i need to know if running new wires or just adding the capacitor will work...? btw i have a 1999 jeep cherokee classic

Username: Thugzrghetto

Post Number: 1
k if ur blowing fuses make sure ur buying "non ghetto" fuses so to speak. ive gone through so many fuses because i would go to walmart or menards and buy cheap ones. also 8g is a tiny wire especialy for 2 subs. ive got 1 10' only pumpin 800w to it and i have a 2g. i would replace ur wire, its not hard to do just takes alil of ur time. and go to a audio store and buy the best type of fuses u can find. im not that exp. with capacitors but the one i tried to use destroyed my trunk carpet and ive heard alot worse stories before, if u do try it out, make sure u have a good idea of what ur doing cuz they can be dangerous

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5387
Bottom line: if you can, return the cap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us