Got my new toy in the mail :D

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5504
So as most of you guys know, i'v been focusing more on my business and other peoples car audio systems than mine. So i decided to get myself a little present that i'v always wanted and got it for a REALLY REALLY good price..... :D

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

I am very excited about building a box for it and getting some power to this thang!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5280
What is it?
Looks nice. Is it a neo?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5505
12" IDMAX v.3

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5282
Lol at this review..

Price Paid: $4000.00 from AUDIO CONCEPTS INC.

Year / Model Reviewed:
2003 12' ID MAX

Strengths:
POWER HANDELING CAPABILITIES ARE MIND BLOWING

Weaknesses:
CANT HAVE LADIES IN THE TRUCK CUZ THEY STAIN MY SEAT ;) ...........

Summary:
DAM , THEY F@!KIN RULE I GOT 10 ID MAX'S IN A GMC EXT. CAB IN THE BAD OF MY TRUCK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS DAMMMM THEY HIT . THERE HOOKED UP TO 20 CROSSFIRE 1000D'S AND 6 YELLOW TOPS ..... MY SHYT HIT ALL OVER . I CAN JUST SAY THEY RULE AND DOMINATE ALL OTHERS....................

Nice sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5506
haha ^^^ thats funny. Yea, i'v heard nothing about great things from this sub..

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 592
You know you have to post pics of the build right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5507
of course shawn....

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 355
Congrats man! Its always nice to reward yourself every once in awhile. You have an thoughts on a build yet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5510
Not yet, i think when i get a little more cash I will most likely throw 800-1000 rms at it and see how it does.. As for the enclosure I am not sure yet. Possibly aero's? or kerfed port. maybe 2-ton carpet of teal/black to match? I dont know

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 444
I didn't expect to see an idmax emerging from an oz matrix box..

Some reviews claim that the oz me (matrix elite) and the max are similar in many regards.

The Sq however is far superior on the max...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5511
Yea, i was wondering the same thing. But I bought it from a guy on CA.com and he said he was letting a distributor of IDMAX's package it, so who knows.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5512
any ideas from people who have used it on what kind of power i should throw at it?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16199
excellent sub !

as a owner of 1 its my fav SQ sub i have owned so far & it does get loud enough for daily use

my fav application for it is sealed but if u want ported i suggest u calculate ur own enclosure for it since those ported slot port boxes recommended on their site sounds ok but its not my cup of tea ...when that sucker breaks in : try around 3cuft with a 4" aero & tune 30hz or under & u will hear\feel the magic ...

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 395
i am waiting on vids and build logs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5513
It's used Rov, so already broken in

I was thinking 3 cuft anyway @ 30hz, but was going to ask for some personal opinions before I decide on that... Is your's ported?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5514
They rec. anywhere from 2.0-2.5 cubes ported i believe

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1184
I picked up another one also for 150 a few weeks ago So i was thinking of making a box for both maybe i will try the 6cubes for both at 30hz, I have one hooked up on 600rms and it does alright.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5515
i'm on the fence on whether or not i should go sealed or ported. I am leaning towards ported at the moment. I am interested in how much of a diff. there is between a sealed idmax vs. ported. Rov any ideas?

what kind of enclosure you have yours in Julian?

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1185
I have mine ported at 2.5 cubes at 32hz it does all right and im only running 600rms to it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16200
i have mine in 1.5cuft sealed since i want it for daily sq use - gives a nice flat response on both higher bass or very low notes songs - nobody believes its in a sealed box when they hear it & it blends in great with my front stage

of course my ride is a wagon so the cabin gain helps alot

i have tried that 28hz box on their site & like i said above it sound ok but compared to the sealed i find that 28 is not as good a flat response , also tried a 33hz slotport which was designed by eric stevens himself & it was a bit to punchy for my taste but other ppl may like it

when i 1st got mine i tried it in a old box that i had my dd9512 in a while ago which had 2 4" aeroports , so i removed 1 port & blocked off that hole which made the cuft about 3.25 & the remaining port became about 27hz ....sounded SICK ! ...when i 1st played a song my wagon was i thought it was thunder i was hearing but it really some insane rumbling coming from the galvanized sheets in my workshop's roof & when i sat in my front seat i was finding it hard to breathe ...the loooows were killer ....a little bit sloppy on some songs because of the over sized box but i suspect about 3cuft wud be alot better

but if i kept it ported it wud be covering my front stage so thats why i found the perfect harmony with sealed for MY application but hey ur a box builder so try both & hear which u like more ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5516
Yep, I think I am going to build both a 1.5 cuft sealed, and 3.0 ported @ 28.

I got a wagon too..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16202
sweet !

pic of ur wagon ? ...

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 123
waiting for build log :D