Speaker suggestion?

Username: Accordguyintake

Garden Grove, CA

Post Number: 1
oh goodie, cut up my hands to install some components to find one of the tweeters dead and the sound just okay.. dissapointing for such a prestigious brand. Well ths speakers ARE about 10 years old so i cant really bag on them. Diamond Audio M561s. They used to be on my cousin's car new when i was a little kid and what i remembered from my childhood rang back today... the highs were a bit too ringy from the aluminum tweeters. I also think the metallic drivers lacked a warm, sincere sound.

I have great speakers at home, Paradigm 5SEMK3s and they are kinda like my baseline for the car. The sound isnt perfect granted im using a ghetto Sony receiver, but the ultra flat response and outstanding imaging leaves its mark. It's sound is a little laid back and very warm, i think i enjoy silk tweeters more after experiencing the aluminum ones, especially once the volume kicks up. Of course that may just be this specific set though.

im trying not to spend TOO much, hopefully 350ish max and want to achieve that same kind of quality. Good image, Neutral, Warm, smooth and accurate reproduction, oh and it helps this is to be installed in a Honda Fit, i have a Pioneer AVH-P4100 h/u and Precision Power PCX480 amp. Most likely im only gonna run front speakers and i may bridge the rear for my W3 sub

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 11
check out dls or rainbow.. or even cdt.

I like dls as my first choice they have some nice 5.25 and 6.5 components just under $250 and they have the silk tweeters that sound amazing!

you will be very happy with those with a w3 in the back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us