I Want To Feel The Bass....Any Suggestions?

Straight Up Florida
Unregistered guest
Im 16 And Have A Shitty Job...But I Want A Setup That I Can Rattle House As I Drive By....I Dont Care Much Of Sound Quaility Because I Lost My Low Tone Hearing When I Was Little...So I Want To Feel The Bass More Than Hear It...Get What I Mean...Can Ya Give Me A Fairly Priced Setup...I Can Build My Own Box...And I Know How To Instal...Just Wanna Know What To Get And Where To Get It At
Thanks
~~Jay~~

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
kicker comp vr 10 in a big slot ported box. to give u an idea on the size of the box it needs to look like a box for 2 12s. u could reach 135-137 with this if the box is setup right. add sub and box and coyuld reach 140. i have 2 of these boxes and am adding 2 mor and will prob reach 148-150 dBs in my explorer once i dynomat the whole rear hatch. i know this will take up alot of room but if u have an suv it is the way to go. i live in tampa and get all my stuff done custom at the sound advice. ican give u more details but tell me what kind of car ur planning to put this in and ur price range ur willing to spend. one sub and one custom box will only run u $ 320.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 160
Try 2 15" Kicker Comp subwoofers. You can find them for $68 a piece on ebay. Get a Kicker KX400.1 amp to power them. You can find them for like $180 on ebay also. This setup would be pretty loud.

Username: F0ria

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1
Like I Said I Dont Want Loud I Want Vibrating Hell On My Body....I Want To Feel It I Dont Care How Loud It Is....I Said I Have No Low Tone Hearing...So It Wouldnt Matter What It Sounds Like Or How Loud It Is...But Ill Take All This Into Consideration...Thanks Guys

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
i understand. i have my low tone hearing and with the 2 comp vr 10s i have it vibrates my whole head in the front seat and my whole body. my friend was driving my car to see how far away i could hear it from and from 3 blocks u could feel my system vibrations in ur body. trust me when ur inside the car ur whole body shakes and more and ur gonna hurt, thats why im adding 2 more boxes, im kinda nuts but love bone rattlin bass!!

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
oh by the way i drove by my friends hous and he was in his room on the second story in the back part of the house and i made 2 pictures fall of his wall...

Wisconsin

Post Number: 3
Thanks Kicker Thats That Crazy Bone Rattling Sh*t I Want...Ill Check Into That...Thanks...You Suggest A HU at All?

Bronze Member
Username: Pkilla21

Post Number: 13
Type R's or Solo barics. The kickers are the best for a decent price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Go for either an Alpine or a Pioneer HU

Wisconsin

Post Number: 4
Thanks
~~Jay~~

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 63
You feel more bass with a lower frequency
You get a lower frequency with a larger box
You get lower frequency with a larger sub

Get a 15" sub in a huge box (ported) and you will not hear very much but you will FEEL it all.

daven22
Unregistered guest
A buddy of mine had 2 18's behind his seats in his truck. One time he was like "listen to this" and he puts it on some bass mekanik song that had really low freq. You could literaly feel the bass comming threw your stomach, it was pretty nifty. For shaking and just plain making noise, i have to vote for any desent 18 sub, thats exactly what you want.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 717
18" Resonant engineering X-x-X

about $450 each and needs about 2kw rms but that thing will rip you apart

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 13
hmmmm being ripped apart always sounds like a good idea hahahaha yeah th bigger the sub the better when it comes to feeling it

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 522
Yeah, those subs will POUND. One will feel like it's caving your chest in, 2 of them is insane, you'll have a very hard time breathing with two 18 X.X.X.'s running good power.

Wisconsin

Post Number: 5
Where Can I Get Them Cheap And Fast???
Ive Looked Many A Place For 18s And I rarely even find 15s....and where can i get an amp that strong...i know a guy who can get me a 7k amp....but its all about the money too...

GeoMetroMan
Unregistered guest
Hey Kickercomp, you are so full of sh!t! 3 blocks away? Pictures falling of the wall? Get a fu[in clue you dumb@ss! At least learn not to exagerate your bullsh!t lies so they are half believable! Get outa here with your Geo-Metro and K-Mart system!

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 25
wow dude you need to relax a little i have been in a room when pictures fall off the wall from someone driving by with good bass so that could happen. three blockas away is a good distance but it could be possible if his bass goes low enough it could carry

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 732
yea lol...

well the other day i popped my trunk to show some guys my sub (1) and i turned it up and set off the alarm on a riced out talon nearby me lol it was quite amusing

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 28
i remember when a friend of mine had to POS subs in a bandpass box in his staton wagon we would goto strip malls and while driving through theparking lots we would set off tons of alarms it was quite funny

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
i said i drove 3 blocks away and could feel the sytem when i was outside... i said i made the pictures fall off the wall when i drove by the street in front of his house..read above and see for yourself.. and before you start making stupid a$$ comments learn how to read first! those were two sep posts u had to be trying to get them mixed together

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 737
its kind of hard to believe someone would hear u 3 blocks away, unless it was ngiht - there were no outside noises AT ALL and you had all ur windows open and i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that only 2 compVR 10 inch subs can do that lol

i can understand the shaking body thing, cuz mine does that too but cmon, pictures falling off his wall? you can feel the vibrations in ur body from 3 blocks away? hell i can barely hear one of my friends with a 13w7 from 1 block an a half away.....let alone pictures falling off my walls

thats just a load of crap and we all know it kickercomp, seriously if you're gonna say something, make it realizstic....say u have 4 18" X-x-X's if you're gonna say that, maybe then someone will believe you

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
from in front of his house they fell and u can feel some vibrations from about 3 blocks. dont judge it because there only 2 10s, think bout it as 140dBs , maybe now it makes sense cause normal tens that put out about 120-130 at most couldnt do it but 140dB can. i never said the fell off the wall from 3 blocks either cause that is rediculous, i said u could feel them from 3 blocks when i was outside not in a house

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 143
Kicker you MAY hear them 3 blocks away but you sure as hell wouldn't FEEL them. You got to come off that sh!t. I just sold the same subs and bought 2 Cerwin Vegas V-Maxxs(Thanks Jonathan) They hit WAY harder then the kicker CVRs. Buy you still CAN'T FEEL them no damn 3 blocks away. Oh and I just turned my system up right beside my house and none of my pics fell off the wall. So get over that lie you are telling dude. And another thing I got them metered yesterday and they were hitting 142.3. And you say you can feel your kickers 3 blocks??? Is there something I'm missing????? Cause last time I checked 142.3 is louder then 140 (IF) They even hit THAT.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 534
True, 140db's isn't going to knock stuff off the wall, unless the house is in crappy shape. 140db isn't that hard to get these days, by the way... can be done easily with ONE of the right subs, 10's included. Look at Resonant Engineering.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Try an 18" Kicker Solo X.

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
you guys dont know what the f*ck your talking about. i know cause it happened. it was right in front of the house and was porbably hitting in the 150s not 140s. dont knock someones elses experience a$$holes!

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 744
uh...

well most ten's cant hit 120-130...but my two elemental design e10k's in a custom ported box hit 152.7

funny huh...

anyways - diamond audio had ONE (1) ten (10)inch sub hit 169.3 dB so cram it kickercomp...and to do that is absolutely insanely and utterly impressive by them

yeah unless you have like 4 of these then you wont be knocking off any pictures from the walls and u wont feel the bass from 3 blocks away....seriously be realistic when u make up stories

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 545
You act like Comps are the best subs out there, please, man. Did you have them metered? Did you have earplugs in? Cause if you didn't, you haven't experienced 150 db unless you're deaf right now. You don't seem to know a lot about what you're talking about. Yeah, I really consider a bunch of kids riding around blocks talking about systems experience... You actually think we believe you?

Anonymous

you guys get off kickercomp. i posted that last one under his name so it wasnt him. lol

um....sorry. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us