1998 GMC Yukon Speaker Installation

Jano
I need to know how to get the front door panels off of my 98 Yukon so I can install my new speakers...If anyone knows how...or where I could find out how, please reply ASAP

Anonymous
I have a 96' Suburban and I think its prob the same and I just did it. You need to remove the screws in the pull part of the door (where your hand/fingers fit to shut door). Then you need to remove the trim ring around the door handle (flat head works well. Then remover the trim piece on the top corner nearest the hood. Now to take the door off you can get a tool especially made for this or you can use a flat head and your hands(that is what I did and worked fine). Start at the middle bottom of the door and wedge the screwdriver near the first plastic screw that you can see and pull HARD (It will sound like your breaking something but you have to rip on these) Once you get one out then you can use the screwdriver all the way around the door to remove the other clips, you can even start pulling the door out by hand. Once all the clips are out then pull up on the door to get it out of the top window track.
You will now have to unplug any of the accesories that are plugged into the door.
I dont know what your trying to do but while your in there you should put new 6.5" and Dynamat the doors ( I even sprayed sound deadener on the inside of the door) it makes 100% difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us