Big box for extended cab ranger

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2748
We junked the mini van, wasn't worth messing with. Sold my grand prix and I'm buying an 1999 ford ranger extended cab. Anyone ever did a big box for one? I want a box I can install/remove without removing my front seats. my truck has the xlt package, with like a split bench but looks of bucket seats (fold up arm rest in the center for 3rd seat). No 3rd door. So anyone have any info or dimension (LxWxH)?

Bronze Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 73
Yes i have a 97 Mazda b4000(same a a ford ranger) you can easily build a ported box for 1 15 the max is 17 Depth x18 Height x 42 Wide. internal is 6 cubic feet before speaker & port displacement.i know that a little much for most 15's but you can always go smaller. hope that helps

Bronze Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 74
you could wedge it also so you can tilt your seat back...its kind of annoying with those dimensions...it would be a way to cut down the cubic feet if 6 is too much also.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2751
I'm going with an 18". I need 6cf gross at the very minimum. Got some dimensions from a member on another forum for this truck. Gonna build a cardboard fitbox today and make sure everything fits.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2967
Even taking out the front seat isnt too hard. All you have to do is take out a couple bolts. Should be easy.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2755
I would prefer to not have to remove it, to make it easier to take out on a moments notice. But if it comes down to that it isn't a big deal.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2979
Well I tried to fit the biggest box I could fit in my dakota and it fits through when the seats are fully folded forward.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 727
i gots to see this an 18 in a ranger

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2981
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14525

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin