Need good subs!

Bronze Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 17
I need some good subs,everything i end up buying is crap! Now im limited on space they are going in a neon, so im guessing 10s would be the way to go,but im not sure. I dont wanna spend over $500 total on the subs. So some help on this would be great. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7089
what amp do you have to run these subs..

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 18
Nothing at the moment, i was gonna wait an see what subs i was getting first. It will be a couple weeks before i can get it, but it to would be around a $500 budget too.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7090
well theres a lot of ways you can take this.. what kind of sound you looking for?

clean/natural? or just loud?

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 19
I want some of both. I like loud,but i also want some quality too. If that cant be done, than LOUD!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11878
I can sell you a setup for 200 plus shipping.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/583548.html

brand new phoenix gold rsd 10's and a brand new autotek amp that puts out 750 rms

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7091
just gran a pair of RE SX 12"s and a dblks RD 1750.1 .. thats under 1000

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 20
Ok, but i dont wanna have to make any huge electrical upgades. My lights dim with just an 800 watt amp. Im i gonna be ok with this set up? If not, whats something cheap that i can do?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7092
loud and cheap don't mix

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 21
Can i get away with just a battery replacement? or would i need a h/o alt too?

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 94
I have alpha 10's that will fit in your budget.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 706
well this will help, run 1/0 and do the big 3 and you should be good but if u get a anything over 1500rms get any ext batt in the back, no caps!

but though then that you should be set, oh and ground down to the main frame under the car =]

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 22
ok thanks for the input guys

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11883
An alternator would be before a battery in my book.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 23
Why are caps not good to use? Dont they help guys like me out,who wouldnt be running alot of watts?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1886
read this for info about Caps..

http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/capacitors.html

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 711
what kind car u got?
u can pick up a good alt for like 200-499

http://www.db-starter-alternator.com/Alternators/
http://mechman.com/store/index.php

and wiring
http://www.knukonceptz.com/

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 24
04 Neon. Exactly what type of alt am i looking for?

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 712
well they don't have that year on there site, id say call and ask for a price,

id say look for a 250a alt, once you get a alt in that size you have alot of room to play with more power of the amps you can get

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 713
mech man
Phone: 760-490-2754

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1812
just run the stock electrical. you can get plenty loud in that car off 1000 watts.

Your going to end up spending a tons of money and time if you decide to upgrade the electrical.

Once i upgraded my alt i couldnt stop going bigger until im at where im at now and about $3000 worth of systems.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15299
what id do for low power yet high output clean bass is get a good 15" which is rated like 500-600wrms like a RE SE , type R or RF p3 in a well built slot port box ....& powered off a good 1000wms mono like a Sundown 1000d ...

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 25
Yea, but right now im just running a pheonix gold at 800rms an the lights dim like crazy. 1000 an im not gonna be able to see!lol So am i gonna be ok with just the wiring upgrades then. Im runnin 4 gauge now. Bigger? Thanks guys

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11894
You need an ho alt. It looks like you have an 85 amp alternator in that car.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7101
ive run more on less and had no probs.. get two good batts and set the gain correctly.. and don't abuse the volume knob

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11895
He said hes limited on space. One good battery under the hood and a ho alt will do the trick. Sean what year and model neon do you have.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15301
well if u cant even play 800wms then u need to have ur stock alt & existing batt checked out , if both r in good working condition then get a ho alt ......

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2078
i have an aq2200for 300 bucks, get that and a pair of re se subs. a 2nd battery should do the trick. u will have some dim lights some times but it will play it and be loud,

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6809
his lights dim off 800w, and you're suggesting running 2200w with just a 2nd battery?? and he already said he doesn't want to spend the money upgrading the electrical. really, do you even help? stop trying to push your amp on everyone and put it in the for sale section and on other sites.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 26
Yea, Its an 04 neon. Something may be wrong,had a 01 neon before an ran a fosgate power 1500.1 an never had a problem. Now i do have a 1 farad cap in there too.(now i know there not good to use) Could that be making it worse? Runnin 4 gauge Phoenix gold wire, it seems to be decent wire. Maybe, idk anymore its been a long time since ive done this chit. Had to do something, i missed it!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11909
Yeah you have an 85 amp alternator in there thats why your struggling. You should have been even more with the 1500.1.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3688
Which 800 watt amp are you using?. That may have something to do with it.. You could easily do a 1000 -1200 wrms setup with a good drycell under the hood and one in the back, with a good Class D mono amp. A 15" Treo ssi, AP Epic,RD Sonance, Fi SSD, ect.. are a few choices among many... The AP does well in a smaller ported enclosure. Steve Miller has a greqt price on an underrated RD1000.1 .

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11917
He said hes limited on space. One good battery under the hood and a ho alt will do the trick.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 32
Phoenix Gold Ryval V800.1. It wuz just a temp amp till something better came along. Never thought it would kill my lights like that! Maybe because its not a high quality amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3690
I fully agree with Sean.. The HO alt would be your best bet, but that is a pricey item and might be tuff with your budget. If you know for a fact that you will eventually go with more power than get the Alt first... If you are sure that 1200 wrms or less is what you will stick with, then a 2nd batt is what I would do.. That PG amp is fairly effiecient so that does worry me a little, but the extra batt would help if you can make room for it.. I would definately go with the RD1000.1. Great amp at a great price..

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 33
Yea, i dont wanna put anything more than the 1200wrms in this car. I just dont understand, like i said i had a 01 neon that i ran 1500wrms an never had a problem. All these subs an amps that everyone suggested where can i order this stuff from? Thanks for the help guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 3691
Steve Miller- RD Audio (owner) 770-975-9500

He also has the New Alpha's on sale, he says that they will do well on 1000+ watts, but they can handle quite a bit more..

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 34
Ok thanks for the help mark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us