Need Help

Bronze Member
Username: Cal1089

Post Number: 18
Hi i am Debating on what setup to get. I have a jeep grand cherokee 1994. I am set on audioque subs. I am not sure on what subs though. i have limited money at about 400-450 MAX! Please help me pick out an amp and sub/subs i am leaning towards the 18" HDC3 But am unsure as i have never spent this much on a system. please help as i need an amp and subs, i can build the box. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2996
The sub runs for 300 new. Which only leaves you with 100-150 bucks for an amp. I dont see how your going to do this. Do you plan on buying used?

Bronze Member
Username: Cal1089

Post Number: 19
Yes i plan on using ebay or a classified ad for an amp. I just need to know what cheaper brands do not have overrated amps.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2998
everything cheap is overrated. You get what you pay for. Your better off saving some more cash and getting a solid amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 56
Audioque 1200d is a good amp and is also fairly inexpensive ($250 new) possibly step down to a 15 if you're in a rush to get a system, otherwise just save up some dough

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 701
$250 is a good cost for 1200watts?

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 702
or you could look in to these new cost for the Alpha's that will put AQ to shame hands down

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/582896.html

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 59
$250 is good for 1200 watts considering that a sundown SAZ 1500 is $750 new, and a rockford fosgate P1000.1bd is $780 new (from the rf website so you could probably get it for half that on ebay, but still ~$390)

The AQ is a budget amp that I've seen recommended on here many times, if you know of a better amp that makes 1200 watts @ 1 ohm for less than $250, please tell me so i can reccomend that

^^x2 on the Alphas

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3673
Quentin... you know that the AQ amp is a steal...
IDK WTF he's thinkin'..lol

The AQ HDC3 could use more power than the AQ1200... but it would definately move it...

They did have some SAE1200's on ebay BNIB for under $200, but I believe he sold out... I should have snagged a few to pass to peeps on here, but money was tighter than normal....

As for the Alpha putting the HDC to shame.... Well Being the proud owner of 2 Alpha's, I still have to say that It is not a for sure statement... The HDC's are great subs and deserve to be mentioned in a positive light... There are many circumstances that I can see a HDC outpreforming the Alpha. BUT with the pricing and upgrades that the new Alpha has gotton, I would go that route.. So long as you have enough clean power to put on it(or the HDC for that matter). Jake has some RD Sonances for sale and they would shine on the power we are talikng about...

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 704
lol yeah Mark

but id say save up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us