USA

Post Number: 1797
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebTkL__2sA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3IWE4R4_Fo&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjaN4QFkdo&feature=channel

very short description of my system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTnVYtfGJw&feature=channel

let me know what yall think.

Scores are 144.9 first try haters everywhere by two five subs are still pretty much brand new.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 692
looks pretty good.

Are you happy with the subwoofers?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11871
Very nice. One suggestion ill make though is line the boxes with a layer or two of polyfill in sheet form and glue and staple it down.. It will change the sound of the box for the better.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1798
yea steve im very happy. i think they need more power though. im getting a second amp as soon as i can find one to play around with.

sean what will the polyfill do? i still need to add braces too. how can you tell the sound from my sh1tty camera mic?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11872
It will get rid of the hollow boomy sound which will improve the sq. If you put one layer in it shouldnt lower your tuning but 2 layers might so try one first. Trust me youll like the outcome. As far as telling what they sound like lets just say I have a trained ear.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 694
the same style new Alpha you have we will be having a huge sale on very shortly.

All the new ones have 8 layer flat winds and HW cones and surrounds.

They will be offered at a low never heard of price as soon as the build is complete.

They sound better than the old alphas, Get louder, and handle more power

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1799
i thought these were the new ones steve? thats what you told me anyways. you said they just had the old caps cuz thats what the guy wanted when he ordered them but them he ended up getting hw's

Silver Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 129
very nice bro. looks loud. what amp are you running right now? i would think 2 alphas would hit more than 144.9 though. very nice flex. you need to teach me how to make videos haha

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 130
nvm im dumb just watched the video description. great work.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1800
im running an atomic 3000.1d at .5 ohm.

yea seems like it should be louder on the meter. Its really loud to the ear. and to score that number i had to turn my volume nearly all the way up. my amp is set to produce 3500 rms at volume 48 on my pioneer 590 ib. I think the volume was damn near 60 when i did the score but it gained me 3 db but sounded very bad. probably not the best thing to do with subs that have under 6 hours play time but it was only for 10 seconds.

o and what ive found makes the vids look impressive is having contrast in the reflections off the body panels. it gives ya good reference to pick up the flex better.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1801
sean will adding the polyfill lower my db's

I am not opposed to adding the fill if it truly does what you say it does but i dont want to lose any output.

I think im going to add bracing soon as well as making my trim panels to hide and seal everything up.

anybody have anyother tips that i can use to get louder.

144.9 is not acceptable especially since i went 10+ on the volume from where i normally call it maxed. i should be doing 144.9 on michael jackson and 148's on rap music.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7046
pop your trunk and youll gain 2dB.. 300s have some serious backwave cancellation issues

build a taller/wider box but not as shallow and seal it off

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7047
btw, make it a common chamber next time :-)

Silver Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 139
second skin? or do you already have her deadened?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1802
common chamber is not an option for me cuz i dont want to build the box in my trunk. i need to be able to take the system out for long road trips and what not.

i already have deadener on my front doors, rear deck, trunk area and thats it. Id rather do deadener later since ive seen numbers go down from adding deadener.

do you think sealing it off will gain me that much?

will it take care of the backwave cancellation if i seal it off completely?

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 697
Do 45-50 sq inches of port per box and 1.75-1.85 cubes each after displacement and tune it around 38-39hz and your number will increase greatly.

But you will loose some of that flat response it will be more peaky.

sealing it off completely will only help you but it will have to be completely sealed off to benifit you. Sealing it off gains a good bit.

You may want to flush mount the subwoofers also and use a round over bit on the outside of the port.

if you do this a 148 should be no problem

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7049
you can build that box just fine common chamber and it be able to be removed

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1803
kevin i cant fit it in my trunk opening. the opening is to small. it will only allow a box 33 wide x 14 high x any appreciable depth, at max or else it will hit the bottom sides of the trunk opening and the top of the rear deck.

well as of now i have 48 inches of port per box ,2 cubes each box, thats 24" per cube. as for a flush mount i was planning on making my beauty panel fit tight up to the boxes and the subs will be essentially flush mounted when the boxes are pushed up tight to the beauty panel.

The beauty panel is also going to be a "gasket" for the box so it will all be sealed off completely to the cabin.

My ports already have round overs on the largest corners but its just a small 3/8 round over and only on the outside of the port.

the boxes arent braced but the walls are all pretty small the largest unbraced wall is 12x29. I also dont have a 45 in my port bend nor in any of the corners of the box. Will adding these mods help me gain anything?

if i do everything listed in this post i would be happy if i gain 2 db but i dont want to change my boxes or box parameters much cuz i like the way it sounds.

SO to clarify im going to do the following:
1)Seal the box to the cabin
2)Essentially flush mount the woofers when they are pushed tight against the beauty trim panel
3) add 45's in all the corners
4) add a 45 in the port bend
5) add polyfill lining on the insides of the box

6) I can mount the boxes so that the ports fire on the sides of the car instead of in the center or i can stagger them so it goes port sub port sub or visa versa.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us