System Overhaul

Bronze Member
Username: Singhsane

Scarborough, Toronto Canada

Post Number: 84
Im looking to completely re-do my system and was looking for some help. I've picked out all my subs/components i'd like to use. I just need help on what amps to go with.
I'm trying to go with a complete PowerBass (http://www.powerbassusa.com) system so i'd like to stick to using their amps. Heres the subs/comps. im planning to use...

3XL - 151D Subwoofer ---- Quantity = 4
SPECIFICATIONS:
• Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 2000W
• Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 1000W
• Nominal Impedancel ual 1 ohm
• Voice Coil Size : 3"
• Frequency Response : 24Hz - 400Hz
• Sensitivity : 93 dB/W/M
• Motor Structure : 562 oz
• Mounting Depth : 9.2"

3XL - 60C Components --- Quantity = 3
SPECIFICATIONS:
• Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 180W
• Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 90W
• Nominal Impedancel : 3 ohm
• Frequency Response : 59Hz - 22kHz
• Sensitivity : 91 dB/W/M
• Motor Structure :
• Mounting Depth : 3.2 "

4XL - 65-92 Mid range driver Quantity = 3
SPECIFICATIONS:
• Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 200W
• Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 100W
• Nominal Impedancel : 4 ohm
• Voice Coil Size : 2 "
• Frequency Response : 100Hz - 10KHz
• Sensitivity : 92 dB/W/M
• Motor Structure : 35 oz
• Mounting Depth : 2.8 "

Can you tell me what amp/how many I should use for each of those?

THANKS!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5250
Wire the subs in two pairs like this to get a 1 ohm load for each pair:

Upload

Then you need two XTA4000's to send each sub around 1500RMS. Not sure what you are doing with the 3 sets of comps and 3 mid drivers??? You need an XTA2240 for each pair of 60C's. Will be a nice and unique rig there man. Hope you have a serious alt and upgraded wiring.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Thanks for the help!!!
2 sets of comps. = 1 for each door + 1 mid driver for each door. The other comps + driver im planning to put on the hatch door. Will be upgrading the stock alt. to one that puts out 250amp's.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5254
Just run two sets of comps (I would go with just one) and ace the mid idea. They only go down to 100hz where as the comps can do 60 so I am not sure what you think you would gain there. Would be a nightmare and you would have to run them out of phase. Not to mention that it would add a spike to the midrange area of the output curve. I know you are thinking of trying to get the most output you can out of your fronts to keep up with the four 15's but this isn't the way to go about it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Alrite. Thanks for that input. I just dont want the subs to be too over powering. What I really want is the system to be extremly LOUD (music wise). What do you think about adding a pair of these...

3XL-2S 1.25" Pure Silk Dome Tweeter
SPECIFICATIONS:
• Material : Pure Silk
• Size : 1.25"
• Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 120W
• Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 60W
• Nominal Impedancel : 4 ohm
• Frequency Response : 3kHz - 20kHz
• Sensitivity : 92 dB/W/M
• Mounting Depth : 1"

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5255
Same.... not a good idea. You could build pods and run dual comps in the door out of phase like alot of comp guys do, but.... that's alot of work and you will need another amp etc. Your best bet is to just run two 15's, one pair of 60's, and then get a couple of high output 8's or shallow 10's to add some midbass punch from 60-100. That's what you will be lacking, not mid-high output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Gotcha. I'm actually thinking of even doing 3 2XL-154D instead of the 4 3XL's. I know this would save me a bit on having to go crazy on upgrading the electrical/alt. What do you suggest for high output 8's or 10's

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3655
I completely agree with brad in getting rid of the mids and even one of the components. I used to run dual 3 ways and it was extremely difficult to get the imaging right.

I would personally get one very strong 3 way and throw a lot of power on it. To get even more out of them run it all active with a 4 channel for the tweet and midrange, and then a powerful 2 channel for the midbass.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3554
X3^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us