Aq1200d OOS need help

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1723
I was going to get one of them(AQ1200D) for my Fi SSD 15.. 2ohm DVC... But AQ is out of stock of them, don't know for how long, plan on getting Fi SSD out of my HT setup and back in the car...

Coming to you guys, not to get bashed don't mention anything not related to my thread.. I just need help.. What would be a good amp for this .. looking for about 900-1200RMS 1200RMS like the AQ12300D was going to be the best one.. I think.. It has the Bp Power option and all that good stuff..

So What i need from you guys.. Is amps.. Cheaper or about the same price range as the AQ1200D... No Crappy Amps..

Thanks

Kang

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4799
hifonics 1200 or 1600 is about the same as the aq.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10387
he said no crappy amps haha....

RD 1000.1 would be good

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4801
ya, but not in the same price range...The aq and hifonics are in the same league as far as build quality imo, maybe the aq is a litle bit better, but both great budget amps.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14950
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17702

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1724
Ok the owner of RD called me, he said he can give me the RD 1000.1 shipped for 380..

Anyone else have some insight on a good amp..

rovin how is that MB Quart amp.. It looks pretty good.. Fuses match.. By that i mean it has 120 fuse rating not like a 60 or something fuse rating, but quality wise?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11403
I ran the Hifonics 1206d for about 2 years and never ran into a problem. If you aren't an idiot then it will be fine. Never once over heated or went into protect mode or anything. For someone on a budget, there's nothing wrong with it. No offense but if your budget is now $380, then there are better amps out there than the RD. Hell, I bet I could go on CA right now and find a sweet 1k amp for less than $250 in good condition.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4620
Hit me up, bernysbasskills on aim. I got a bnib amp that I never used and need to sell.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11404
Oh PS, for less than the RD amp

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4224

Lol

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1725
Yanks I personally don't want to go with a Hifonics, just me, not bashing that amp at all... Yanks don't tell me show me lol, and try to find a 1200rms amp for good price.. Not overrated

Berny i don't have aim... If i do decide to download it today i'll IM you, give me the specs of the amp you are selling thanks

Yanks that amp might be cheaper, but does it really have quality like RD does? I never heard of audison lol

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11405
Lmao. Is Audison better than RD.......hell, I think even the RD nut-huggers would agree that it is lol.

I wasn't pushing the Hifonics on you. Just letting people know that not every Hifonics amp is doodoo. They are quality budget equipment. The Audison on the other hand, is top-fukking notch. Do a search on Audison on the web and see what you find lol.

As for showing you some amps on CA, I'm not searching CA for an amp for you, sorry lol. Talk to BernyMac, he's got a great deal for you.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1707
i have an AQ2200 for sale

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10389
Audison is top quality stuff. Remember, noobs like brands like RD are crap because they havent heard of it... dont be one of those haha.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2925

quote:

Lmao. Is Audison better than RD.......hell, I think even the RD nut-huggers would agree that it is lol.

Hey John, can that Audison produce 1300rms or so and play at .35 daily?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1709
RD is good..
but getting my AQ2200 used! can't beat the price!

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11406
Aw come on Nick lol.

Honestly, he has no use for playing down to .35 daily so that's not even a point for this thread. Will it produce 1300rms? Couldn't tell ya, doubt it. He doesn't need 1300rms either though for this application. Last time I checked the SSD was rated at 800rms and the Audison was rated at 900rms and when we each ran our SSD off about 900rms (Hifonics1206d), did you think it needed more power? Cause I didn't. No offense, but if it came down to running either the Audison at $350 or the RD at $380 for this application, your telling me you would run the RD? I'm not knocking the RD product, I think we all know how I feel about it, I'm just saying if it came down to it, I feel MOST people would choose Audison over RD.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2927
I had to do it, Yanks.
Of course the Audison is better for his application. But you gotta think, how long will he stay with this setup before wanting to go a bit bigger in the future. I'd spend the few extra bucks to go with the amp that can take lower loads and put out a ton more power doing it.

Anywho, that wasn't the argument lol. The argument was which is the "better amp"

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1594
so the RD 1000.1 can go down to .35ohms??? how much power would you see?

Kang, i would either call/email audioque and ask them when they will have more in stock...they may have ssome and just haavent updated the website, they may have them tomorrow, or it could be a few weeks. once you know how long, then you can asess the situation better.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11408
Well for that argument Nick, as to which is the better amp, I think we can agree that it depends on the use for it.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7441
edit

Gold Member

Post Number: 2928
I know they are both great and clean amps. But for the price, the RD is a greater value.

(accidentally posted under canaans name)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14951
no i havent used that MB amp but its MB sou know its good stuff

also check :

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_22&products_id=44

have played around with 1 of these - good especially for its price range , im sure there r a few ED amp owners on here .....

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1803
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404101

200 plus shipping aq1200d

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1713
300 plus shipping for aq2200

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3218
dblk that is too much power.

Rovin, MB is Maxxsonic cr@p. Budget at best.
Decent for the price and there are definitely worse out there. But I disagree on the "but its MB sou know its good stuff " theory. my.02

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1726
The Fi SSD.. that i have also has the Bp Power option and some other options. Scott said it can do 1200-1400 maybe more, and depends on the setup..

I forgot all about Ed Amps.. Yea that Nine.1 seems nice.. I will call Audioque when i get a chance..

I wasn't clinging to RD, someone jus mentioned it and i was just asking.. lol not a noob ha ha

DBlk.. Yea thats to much power for the Fi ssd.. And even if i wired it at 4ohms that's only 500 watts rms...

I do plan on upgrading but not for a little while.. Right now i haven't had a system in my car for almost a year.. I got to many tickets and my old amp blew so i just put it in my room on a 600 watt amp.. SO SICK

But now i want it back in car the tickets are worth it lol

But this thread isn't about just those 2 amps.. Like Mention any other ones.. I'm sure there is alot more out there..

I trust CA but then i Don't so its iffy about getting it from there lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14965
just because maxxsonics bought over MBQ that everything went downhill since i have heard a few of their MB amps & they sound very good IMO

my MB RAA1000 was a very good amp - had mine on a pair of 12" D4 type Rs & u cud play it hard for hrs & it barely got warm ... it SQ was excellent IMO

in fact a guy i know competed with recent models of MBQ amps for iasca SQ & he did very well when judged by a international iasca judge & his ride sounds damn good too

we all got our different opinions but its all good ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3225
agreed. I have heard a couple MBQ comp sets that wern't too bad. I guess i was nitpickin' about the it must be good thing.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 311
I think the adioque and hifonics are of similar build quality. I have hifonics in my vehicle , but i think the audioque sounds better, in my opinion. Look at the builds below. One is audioque , the other is hifoincs, both look remarkably similar.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/ampguts/Hifonics_Brutus_BXi2006D/inside1.jpg

http://www.audioque.com/aq/images/2200D.jpg

Gold Member

Post Number: 3226
plenty of similiarities, but the are definately different. including the pcb.. Another difference is the AQ puts out more power as I have used both amps on same subs before. Not my setup but I ordered and installed the AQ and was replacing the hifonics.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6514
eD nine.1

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1728
ok so far its between:

AQ1200d if can find in stock
MB Quart PAB 1200.1D
eD nine.1

I heard so many good things about that eD nine.1, but AQ makes good quality Subs so i wanna try out there amp.. Neva had a AQ sub myself but my friend has and it sounded real good HDC3

Thanks everyone for your insight.. BIG HELp

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1730
bump i guess

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6525
imo, AQ is not the same as they used to be.. sub wise.. their amps are mediocre

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14977
ED9 does its power at 12.5v so thats what id pick ...

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6526
nine.1 is a good amp.. all on the list are mediocre but for the money your getting something decent

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4623
buy my rd1000.1 bnib for less than that nine.1

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3825
Buy Berny's amp.

anywho, what ever happened to the LMS-Ultra? lol

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1731
About the LMS.. I already explained that hole deal.. I'd rather just get 2 15 axis.. But i'm also saving up for the 2010 Camaro LS3 Turbo or a Buick GNX Intercooled 300hp Turbo...

I was going to buy the 2 axis and all soon, but i want a sexy car to put them in.. Or a classic car..

But i'm most likely just going to get one, cause i dont want to rip my car apart lol.. I dunno I'm still up for options
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us