Light...

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10399
... i has it. (yes im making fun of your thread titles canaan)

So i put some new stuff on the truck. A while ago i backed into something and scraped my bumber b/c it was night and i couldn't see. Thats what prompted me to install these backup lights. 55w each, with a relay wired into the reverse light circuit so they come on when the trans is in reverse. I can see behind me now :-) They are real nice, just zip screwed to the bumper.

Upload

Upload

Also wired up a switch in the back so i can turn them on for attaching trailers and what not.

Upload

Then i decided headlights just don't cut it. Installed a set of 100w each driving lights on the brush guard.

Upload

Upload

Upload

They are fn bright. With them on everything is clear at night. I wired up two switches on the dash, one turns them on or off any time. The other makes them come on with the highbeams which is how i leave it most of the time. Dont want them on with oncoming traffic they're WAY to bright. More than high beams.

Upload

Ran a bunch of wiring with 2 relays for these zip screwed next to some stock relays under the hood....

Upload

A while ago I bought a set of camaro rims on craigslist and put those on. They're excactly what i wanted, look nice but not chrome, winter would destroy it.

Upload

So then yesterday i did a full cleaning. Wash, hand wax, tire shine, clean wheels, polish chrome, vaccum and clean interior... it came out pretty good

Upload

Also installed a GM security system and keyless entry that i got for free. Lock/unlock doors and open tailgate. Alarm activates from shock sensor or if a door is opened. Now i just need a new a remote starter to replace the one that broke. And it automaticlly locks the doors when you start the engine and unlocks when you turn it off like the newer cars.

Also got a tempature/compass display with temp sensor from a newer vehicle a while ago. It fits perfect into my overhead console, looks like it came that way. Wired that up and such.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3834
Good stuff. Those rims look nice on there.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10404
thanx man

next on the list: fix the rust caused by this last years winter. i hate the northeast

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2615
Looks really clean! I like the way the rims look on there too.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10406
Yeah it dont look to bad for a 1994 with 190k miles IMO

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1641
looks really good M.S. i like the rims on it.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6496
Yeah Iv got a set of back up lights to put on my truck too I just havnt gotten around to it. They sure are nice to have though. I dont know if your headlight wiring is like mine it was 16 or 18 g stock so I wired in some realys and 14g wire and now my reg. lights look like the brights and the brights are way brighter. also put in some sylvania silver stars.

good idea on the trunk switch although with a pickup not much use unless I put it under a bed rail or something. I was going to just put a switch under the dash for them which I will still do. and props for keeping the wire cleen. I cant decide to put mind in the bumper or put them under it.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10407
Mine had pretty heavy wire stock but realys still needed for the extra 15+ amps those lights can draw.

Heres the overhead display. It fits right into the stock console where they was just a plastic piece before. Put the outside temp sensor behind the grille.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jordon32990

Post Number: 77
Mad props man.
That overhead console really does look like it belongs there.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4809
I am not a fan of suv's, But that looks preety tite.
Nice Job. Throw some air shocks on the back to level it.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3767
I need to do that, my tinted tails afford me no rear back up lights....

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10409
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

The rear leaf springs are worn out i was waiting for someone to notice that. Helper springs to be installed this summer.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2941
Looks pretty clean man.

I just hope you have the charging system to run all those lights

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1759
haha

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3284
ROFLMAO @ nick..

I swear I saw i pioneer deck in there... lol

\looks great, M.S.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10410
Actually this is a perfect example of where a 200 amp alternator is good to have. When you have a constant draw from things like all those lights.

My electrical has to run driving lights, trailer lights, a 3000w amp, a 250wX2 amp, and everything else. If I beat on the system i can get voltage to start to drop at idle but thats expected.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1819
haha, i just drove past you, you was pulling out near yum yum's in quakertown just like a couple mins ago. i noticed your truck by those lights on the brush guards.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 328
Still looks like sh!t

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10415
Holy crap man, yeah you did. I was comin out of the bank in that shopping center.

I live in telford and work in allentown so I go through quakertown twice a day.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1820
haha yeah i know you live in telford, i live in quakertown. lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us