CD Is STUCK In Our Truck's CD Player--PLEASE HELP!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ronsweet2

Post Number: 18
Hello: A few days ago I made some "home made" CDs (burning MP3s to blank CD-R TDK's using Real Player 10) and we started playing them in our truck's in-dash CD player. Today when we played one disk, the disk played until the end okay...but then would not eject out of the CD player! The radio still works, but the CD player will neither play the CD, nor eject the CD from the tray (you can see it in there, but can't get it out). Not sure if this matters, but the truck is a 2005 GMC Sierra pick up and the Radio/CD player is a Bose audio system with a standard "single disc" (i.e.: not CD changer) system.

I've tried hitting all of the buttons several times (including holding down the eject button), turned the truck off and on several times, and am at a loss as to what else I can do! Short of really thin pliers (bad idea), or bringing it into a dealership (very expensive for such a small thing), how can we get the CD player to eject the CD out of there??

And secondly, I'm not for sure if the fact that this was a home made CD has anything to do with this problem, so I have been looking through the manual. There is a note on CD-R's in there, saying that the playability is based on the quality of the CD-R and "the method of recording". By this I assume it is referring to the type of burning software. So, has anyone else had any experience with problems playing CD-R's burned in Real Player 10, and if so, what other free burning options you have found for making Audio CDs? I also have Nero, but it was not working properly for burning Audio CDs, and I got tired of making "coasters."

The manual also says that there could be some problems ejecting CD-R's (especially if they have labels on them which ours do NOT have). So now I know that these could pose problems, (a bit late), but I would really appreciate any help given for getting the CD out and preventing this problem for the future.

Thanks much for any help!

Ron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us