Sub n00b

Username: Mustbehiggy

Post Number: 1
So I made a post in the speaker section asking for advice in speakers etc. So now I'm here to pick at you sub enthusiasts brains =)

I have a Jeep Liberty and even though trunk space isn't a HUGE concern to me I still don't want to take away alot of it. What I want in a sub is more SQ over loudness tbh. I like to feel the bass line in my music. I don't need it to vibrate the bolts holding my engine together or anything. But I want it to be noticeable you know?

I was looking at an Alpine SWS-1043D (900w, 10" sub) in a Sealed box? and no idea on what amp to use or even how to go about choosing an amp. Obviously I don't HAVE to go with this sub but anyway.

Any advice on a good sub, what kinda info do I need to know about amps. And as far as I've found out a Sealed Box is good for SQ?... yeah?

Another quick question. I'm aware 10" sub in a box isn't THAT much space, but at the end of the day is it better to go with a 12" 'cause it's not that much of a difference in size in the back of an SUV. Or would even 2x 10" be good?

Thanks in advance =)

Link to my head unit -

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/Pioneer/DEH-P4100UB?tab=B

Bronze Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 46
i would go with a 12 so you can hear highs as well as good lows.

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN. La F..., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 584
How can I resize my pics so that they are 600x600 and under 100kb

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 868
http://download.cnet.com/FastStone-Photo-Resizer/3000-2192_4-10319476.html?tag=m ncol

use that program compliments of mark. Or you can use irfanview wich is what i use both do the same job though.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 964
How much are you willing to spend? Can you build a box yourself?

quote:

i would go with a 12 so you can hear highs as well as good lows.

That is not always true. It has a lot to do with box design and the type of sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14859
id go with a RE SE 12" ...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2511
You can still sound great ported as well, but sealed will usually play flatter through the frequency range. Do you have an amp yet? Any Idea on how much power you want to run? Budget for sub(s) and/or amp? What kind of music do you listen to?

RE SE
RD Classic
Ascendant Audio assassins

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Only Fcking H0M0S , Say WaterPolo! US

Post Number: 4911
ID max 12" has some of the best SQ.

Polo.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 239
if you have your heart set on the Type S thats great. but for the type of music you're describing, i'd do a type R 10.

a little bit more but just that one 10 would be great. well not "GREAT" but i believe it would fit your needs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us