Nneed help with Rattling

xtrapeppers
I just put two 12inch subs in my trunk powered by a boss amp and it sounds great except when i turn it up. When i turn it up my car starts rattling, especially the gas tank cover and the trunk handle. Any suggestions for stopping the rattling? I figure for the trunk handle i just have to tighten it, but im stumped on the gas cover. Should i just put some rubber around the tank?

GtoMann
xtra Go to wal mart and buy some rubber plastic surround stuff and cut it out in the shape of ur gas tank then use some cement glue or some kind of strong glue and u will be fine but the amp u got the boss amp I think there are alot better amps out there.

xtrapeppers
yeah i know there are better amps, but i was kind of on a budget. Thanks for the advice im gonna check that out after work tonight.

motoman22
xtrapeppers, check out dynamat....that stuff will stick ANYWHERE that's clean. Really helps the rattling.

The real fix is to get the speakers out of the 'trunk.' You can still have them in there but isolate them into the cabin with a good barrier wall (3/4" mdf works great) and focus their energy into the car. You'd be surprised how much sound is wasted shaking up trim panels...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us