2 different subs to 1 amp

Username: Rosrock

Post Number: 1
i was wondering if it would be ok to hook my infinity 12.1 and my aa assassin 12 to my mtx 6001 amp. the subs are in different boxes. it will only be for about a month or so as i will get another assassin soon... tell me what ya think, how would it sound, etc thx

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2797
no... it is not alright. I would not do it.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 972
x2 on what Mark said

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10155
do not run different subs together in the same car.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1430
i wouldn't do it. but i don't think i it. but i don't think it would hurt anything

Post Number: 2
ok well i just hooked them up .. the assassin is parrelled at 2 ohms while the perfect 12.1 is 4 ohm svc.. i connected thee wires to each orther and bridged the amp to 1 channel. so i guess its 4ohms + 2ohms = 6 ohms? this not very smart or will it work for a while? they wont blow right?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2492
we just said don't do it, so you do it anyway? You can't even run two different VC subs together.

Post Number: 3
u know what ur right... i guess ill just freaking wait i better not be a dumbass plus if i wire the assassin at 8 ohms ill be perfect for the 6001 as it will give it 300 rms like it needs

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2445
I would run the kappa 12.1 on that amp instead of the AA. That amp is rated 300w @ 4 ohm, which would be better suited for the kappa 12.1 imo.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2802
For future reference, don't listen to ANYTHING that BLK says. You will thank me later.

Impatience will aid you in making dumb decisions with car audio..I've made plenty of mistakes because I was impatient.. Now i'm warning you to hopefully save you in the long run.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us