Help please!!

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 966
ok so i have 2 kicker cvx 12's with a kx2500.1 @ 4ohms (1500rms). my problem is that i have my gain all the way down and bass boost all the way down but when i turn up the volume up my lights still dim. i know that it cant be too much for my car to handle when everything is the lowest it can be. do i need a new amp? please post any suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1742
get a high output alt

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 967
well with my gain all the way down i dont understand why it is pulling so much power from my alt. i will look into a HO alternator

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 184
its still pulling power, if your get rid of your sub, and turn your speakers all the way up with your aftermarket HU, your lights will dim on a normal alt, its just the way it is. and your HU pulls like what 20W RMS?...

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 969
Definently look at getting a HO alternator.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 968
what size ho alt should i get? i got quoted $350 for a 200 amp, and $405 for a 225 amp. are those good prices? would it be cheaper to bring my alternator somewhere and have it rewired for more amps? if so what kind of shop does that?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 969
what size ho alt should i get? i got quoted $350 for a 200 amp, and $405 for a 225 amp. are those good prices? would it be cheaper to bring my alternator somewhere and have it rewired for more amps? if so what kind of shop does that?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14802
i dont think some shop rewiring it is the same as a getting a real HO alt ...

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 970
do you think a 200 amp alt would be sufficient for a 1200rms system? i will be doing big 3 in all 0 gauge wire.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10138
Those shops that claim to rebuild your alternator are crap.

A 200 amp along with a good battery can support a very large demand yes. I have one and a 3000w amp.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 971
can anyone vouch for excessive amperage alternators?? they want 350 for a 200 amp.

and i have a quick question on the big 3...can i do 1) alt bracket to battery - terminal. 2) battery - to ground. 3) positive alt to battery +? would that work for all three upgrades?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10140
Many people have had problems with EA. As with iraggi, I do not recommend either one. DB Electrical and MCR build high quality reliable alts. And people seem to like mechman but I can't vouch for those.

And yes you can wire it like that.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 972
can you post links for those companies??

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 973
sorry nevermind i found the companies lol. but i can find my car on the website. do they do custom orders?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10144
what car.

MCR and mechman do custom orders I believe. DB, what they can build is on the site.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 974
03 dodge durango sxt 4.7L V8

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10145
http://www.db-starter-alternator.com/Items/Item.aspx?SKU=abo0233-4.7%20durango&c aSKU=abo0233-4.7%20durango&caTitle=NEW%20ALTERNATOR%20DODGE%204.7%204.7L%20DURAN GO%2003%2004%2005%2006%20ABO0233

I would prefer more than 140 amps but thats all I could find.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us